Fluance DB10 $200 10" Subwoofer Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Looking for a 10" subwoofer for you home theater room at a ridiculously low price? Canadian home audio equipment manufacturer Fluance recently announced the launch of an inexpensive 10” ported subwoofer, the DB10. Despite its relatively small size and low price, the DB10 claims an extended response down to low 20Hz region! That is a lofty claim for a $200 subwoofer shipped to your door. But, if it can go anywhere near 20Hz at meaningful output levels, that would be a significant accomplishment for the money.

Check out our preview on this new and exciting product from Fluance to see if it might be right for you.

Read: Fluance DB10 $200 10" Subwoofer Preview

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
From Marketing person tasks:
[V] Public bass extension numbers only dogs could hear
[V] Set Cheap price to attract punters
[V] Publish a press release

[X] Publish unrealistic peak amp power

Ok, I admit - it's just hard to expect much at that price point, but it's you could buy TWO subs from direct competitors :
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=9723
http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-sub-1000-10-100-watt-powered-subwoofer--300-628

Lets wait and see, but I will be cautiously pessimistic.

Cassius Watson

Cassius Watson

Enthusiast
When will this review comes, because a 20hz without roll-off claim is beyond lofty for $199... I'm waiting with bated breath for this one Gene!

Cassius Watson

Cassius Watson

Enthusiast
Looking for a 10" subwoofer for you home theater room at a ridiculously low price? Canadian home audio equipment manufacturer Fluance recently announced the launch of an inexpensive 10” ported subwoofer, the DB10. Despite its relatively small size and low price, the DB10 claims an extended response down to low 20Hz region! That is a lofty claim for a $200 subwoofer shipped to your door. But, if it can go anywhere near 20Hz at meaningful output levels, that would be a significant accomplishment for the money.

Check out our preview on this new and exciting product from Fluance to see if it might be right for you.

Read: Fluance DB10 $200 10" Subwoofer Preview
When is this review coming Gene it's almost June now?

K

Kiyamon

Audiophyte
Was this ever reviewed? I searched but did not find the review.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
No review planned. Also, that 20 Hz spec turned out to be a mistake if I remember right. It is not tuned near that low.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Was this ever reviewed? I searched but did not find the review.
If you have $200 for a sub, I think you would be better served buying a 10" or 12" sub that is known to perform well:
I think the best deal in this market is buying the Monoprice 12" sub from NewEgg for $120 shipped!
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8SV5325748&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Home+Electronics+Accessories-_-9SIA8SV5325748&gclid=Cj0KCQjwk_TbBRDsARIsAALJSOYmJ_uQrslYVtkAeCDWgwuhRwNxMvCRkQ5MYUY7g97mFnV3LHjQlY8aAkPbEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis