2016 Audioholics Product of the Year Award Winners

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
This year wasn't a leap forward in AV receivers, but the loudspeaker and subwoofer market really dazzled us with higher performance, and higher value products. We put a list together of the most memorable products we've reviewed in 2016 including an Atmos/DTS:X AV processor, budget and midpriced bookshelf and floorstanding speakers and subwoofers and more.

Check out these great products and our detailed product reviews to see if they should be in your home theater room in the near future.

Read: 2016 Audioholics Product of the Year Award Winners

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I think we should definitely add a notable mention of Dr HSU's VTF-1 MK3 sub in budget sub category
and Dennis's new Philharmonitor as alternative for award for best bookshelf

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I think we should definitely add a notable mention of Dr HSU's VTF-1 MK3 sub in budget sub category
and Dennis's new Philharmonitor as alternative for award for best bookshelf
This annual award we do is based ONLY on products we've reviewed for that particular year. But you're suggestions are sound ones for sure.

D

Duane Gosa

Audiophyte
Hello,
I bought some Fluance speakers made in Canada. Now I am not an audio expert but I can tell you for the money these deserve a hard look at. I really love the speakers I bought and will buy from them again when I can. Now these are not thousand dollar speakers but if you look at all reviews one has to say maybe they got something here. I have Cerwin Vegas, Martin Logans, PSBs, Bose 901s. I have converted live performance amps and pre amps and a lot of other stuff for my stereo. I love my Fluance speakers for the money and have found no flaws what so ever when properly used. Quite frankly I do not know how they do it with the prices they charge. Granted these are not thousand dollar speakers and turntables but if you look at all the reviews that tells one something. It seems that all the magazines review stereo components that the average working person cannot afford when it comes to 10000 , 20000 plus components. Then there is the speaker wire and cable connects for many thousands of dollars. It would sure be nice if there was reviews or magazines that reviewed more affordable equipment for us working people. When I see 3 or 4 thousand dollar wire I say to myself you have got to be kidding me and this is usually for a mere 12 to 15 feet, not knocking them but one has to wonder. However I guess if one has the money they will pay.........
Thank you for your time,
Best regards,
Duane Gosa....

S

Sptwriter

Audiophyte
If I don't want to blow my wife's mind on subwoofer costs, am I better off with a pair of RSL Speedwoofers or SVS 1000s -- or a single SVS PB-2000, which will dig lower than the smaller, cheaper pairs?

B

Blues Doctor

Audioholic Intern
I am happy to see the RSL Speedwoofer 10S recognized for the quality product it is. Marshall's review said it all. It seems like the 10S has been bashed or ignored in many forums. Maybe because it is fairly priced. Reviewer Brent Butterworth has said on record, "It is the best ten-inch subwoofer I have ever tested." My next purchase is going to be the Speedwoofer for a bedroom stereo rig to pair with Kef Q-100 bookshelves. Thanks Audioholics.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis