ELAC Debut F5, B5, C5 Loudspeaker System Review

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
ELAC's Debut line of speakers aim to deliver bonafide audiophile sound to the budget-conscious music lover and home theater aficionado. Boy do they ever deliver the goods. We took the ELAC F5, B5, and C5 for a spin in a 5.0 setup. Simply put, these Andrew Jones-designed products are some of the best entry level speakers we've come across in quite a while.

Read our full review to see what we liked about them and where we felt ELAC's Debut series fell just a bit short.

Read: ELAC Debut F5, B5, C5 Loudspeaker System Review

J

Jason Oland

Audiophyte
Elac f5 or Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-250? for 5.2.2 system 12x14 room 75 percent movies 25 percent music.

W

Wes Campbell

Audiophyte
Love me some Audioholics! I have been looking for some decent 3-way floor standers that don't cost as much as B&W. Looks like my wish may have come true! But, I want something that will PUNCH and can play plenty when listening to EDM. Will these provide that? Or should I go with Klipsch?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
EDM? Get subwoofers. There is no replacement for good subs here. You might take a look at the Fluance Signature Series Three-way towers for speakers. Klipsch is not that bad, depending on what model you get. The Elacs look good. You might also consider some Ascend CMT-340s or Hsu HB-1 mk2s.

W

Wes Campbell

Audiophyte
Just looked at the Fluance signature floor standers. Those 8" woofers would give me plenty of punch. Thanks for the reference. Audioholics needs to review these bad boys. And I figured I would need subs to get the full impact of my techno.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Just looked at the Fluance signature floor standers. Those 8" woofers would give me plenty of punch. Thanks for the reference. Audioholics needs to review these bad boys. And I figured I would need subs to get the full impact of my techno.
Audioholics is doing a review on those, but it won't be up for awhile. The Fluance speakers are definitely bass capable but still does not compete with a good sub or two. Between the Fluance towers, and some bookshelf speakers with a good sub or two, I would go with the Bookshelf speakers/ subs. I do like the Fluance speakers though.

W

Wes Campbell

Audiophyte
How much power would ya'll recommend for the SVS Prime towers. SVS recommends 20-250 watts. 250 seems excessive.

Carl08

Carl08

Audioholic
Look at the ELAC Uni-Fi's for three way speakers. I have them and they sound great. The Debut line are two-way speakers.

Love me some Audioholics! I have been looking for some decent 3-way floor standers that don't cost as much as B&W. Looks like my wish may have come true! But, I want something that will PUNCH and can play plenty when listening to EDM. Will these provide that? Or should I go with Klipsch?

T

Toml1946

Enthusiast
Hey guys! I'm looking at this system on Amazon and mostly prices there are inline with MSRP. But there is an outfit called "Electronics Expo" selling all 6 speakers for $409. What?
Has anyone dealt with these people? Grey market, stolen goods, who knows?
If it seems too good to be true, ...

Carl08

Carl08

Audioholic
If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Proceed with extreme caution. If they say to contact them before you buy, DONT BUY

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
They have a history of great deals but no service after the sale fwiw.

T

Toml1946

Enthusiast
They have a history of great deals but no service after the sale fwiw.
Hope one would not need after-sale support, but things do go wrong.
This would indeed be a great deal, or maybe a simple misprint of their asking price. Think I may lean toward Crutchfield in this case.

D

dgbarry

Audiophyte
The ratings would be more believable if appearance was rated lower. Every review I've read, in regards to these Elac models, specific reference has been made in regards to the looks being very average. As a result, they should receive an "average" rating in response to this aspect. By rating them higher, it makes me question what else is being overrated?

T

Tankman

Audioholic
If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Proceed with extreme caution. If they say to contact them before you buy, DONT BUY
I have been seeing that on everything thats posted for sale on Amazon's site. They post a link to some email to them and they post some ridiculously low price. You know it's a scam. You would think as big as Amazon is they would remove them dudes and block them from posting BS like that.

F

frankusa87

Audiophyte
I just purchased the elac f6s they sound great... not just for the price.. Andrew jones proves it again you dnt have to spend a ton of money to get great sound. great review you guys are spot on...with your reviews thanks

F

frankusa87

Audiophyte
Elac f5 or Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-250? for 5.2.2 system 12x14 room 75 percent movies 25 percent music.
go with the f6s I just purchased them wow great sound..you will not go wrong ..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis