Denon AVR-X3300W Atmos & DTS:X with Preamp Outs for under $1k!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Denon has just released their new AVR-X3300W 3D immersive sound AV receiver to round out their X-series line up. The AVR-X3300 will be available in July and with amazing features like DTS:X, Dolby Atmos, 4K Ultra video and upscaling, a 7.2ch pre-out section, an RS232 port and flexible amp assignment options for multi-zone listening and home automation all for a price point just under $1000.

It's good to see manufacturers offering sub $1k AV Atmos/DTS:X AV receivers with pre-outs to allow consumers to upgrade when their systems demand more power.

Read: Denon AVR-X3300W Atmos/DTS:X AV Receiver Preview

Will this be your next AV receiver? Share your thoughts.

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
I hope this has a working HDCP 2.2

It doesn't work AVR-X3200W

M

Martin Logan Lover

Audiophyte
Accessories4less sells Denon....after mine stopped staying on after 25 months of ownership...i spoke to the owner in the Orlando Area and he said he has had a lot of Denon go bad so now he sells service policies for the Denon Buyer. Denon is owned by D & M, a BainCapital company owned by Mitt Romney. Their products have not been made in Japan for many years....all third world companies...many parts are Chinese...never known for reliability.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It would be a pretty cool retrospective study to compare reliability history based on country of manufacturer. :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Accessories4less sells Denon....after mine stopped staying on after 25 months of ownership...i spoke to the owner in the Orlando Area and he said he has had a lot of Denon go bad so now he sells service policies for the Denon Buyer. Denon is owned by D & M, a BainCapital company owned by Mitt Romney. Their products have not been made in Japan for many years....all third world companies...many parts are Chinese...never known for reliability.
A Denon Rep (DR) saw this thread and asked me to address some of the concerns.

Accessories4less sells Denon....after mine stopped staying on after 25 months of ownership...i spoke to the owner in the Orlando Area and he said he has had a lot of Denon go bad so now he sells service policies for the Denon Buyer.

DR – Really, is it normal for a B-Stock reseller to sell an extended warranty?

Denon is owned by D & M, a BainCapital company owned by Mitt Romney.
DR – Bain Capital is no longer a majority shareholder in D&M and Mitt Romney left the company in 1999 – way before there was any involvement with D&M (not that it matters, but the commentary is a moot point).

Their products have not been made in Japan for many years....all third world companies...many parts are Chinese...never known for reliability.
DR – we are the only mainstream AVR/Audio manufacturer still producing goods in Japan. We still run a factory in Shirakawa Japan that produces Marantz HIFI over $1500 retail and upper end AVR/Preamps, as well as Turntable cartridges. Engineering and QA for the entire business is also run out of this factory. Since the beginning of time every CE company making product has relied on parts made in China – it is a fact.

Concerning the made in China/Vietnam, both countries can and do manufacture high quality consumer electronics – our ODM moved an entire factory from China to Korea, it is working out well and we have not seen an increase in service issues.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Lets kleer the air...
Denon AVRs from the AVR-X3300 and down are assembled in Vietnam, higher models are still assembled in Japan. The referenced Korean-based ODM (Inkel) still maintains a factory in Shenzen, China but they have shifted 80% of their AVR production to Vietnam. Primary reasons for shifting to Vietnam is multifold; 1st is the labor costs in China are increasing significantly and in Vietnam these are 35% below those China. 2nd is the import duty savings, CE AVR exports from Vietnam to Europe are duty-free, from China they are 4.5%. CE AVR exports from Vietnam to North America they now pay an import duty of 4.0% which will decrease to 0 if the congress/senate passes the pending TPP trade bill.

Just my $0.02... ;)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
A Denon Rep (DR) saw this thread and asked me to address some of the concerns.

DR – Really, is it normal for a B-Stock reseller to sell an extended warranty?

DR – Bain Capital is no longer a majority shareholder in D&M and Mitt Romney left the company in 1999 – way before there was any involvement with D&M (not that it matters, but the commentary is a moot point).

DR – we are the only mainstream AVR/Audio manufacturer still producing goods in Japan. We still run a factory in Shirakawa Japan that produces Marantz HIFI over $1500 retail and upper end AVR/Preamps, as well as Turntable cartridges. Engineering and QA for the entire business is also run out of this factory. Since the beginning of time every CE company making product has relied on parts made in China – it is a fact.

Concerning the made in China/Vietnam, both countries can and do manufacture high quality consumer electronics – our ODM moved an entire factory from China to Korea, it is working out well and we have not seen an increase in service issues.
By the way, I actually thought Martin Logan Lover was M Code.:D

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
many parts are Chinese...never known for reliability.
A perfect example of parroting something heard from someone who also has no knowledge of the subject. I enjoy the predilection of most people on this forum to exposing this kind of ignorant statement.

The quality of a product is a reflection of the company and its processes, not the geography in which their plant is located.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
A perfect example of parroting something heard from someone who also has no knowledge of the subject. I enjoy the predilection of most people on this forum to exposing this kind of ignorant statement.

The quality of a product is a reflection of the company and its processes, not the geography in which their plant is located.
Maybee...
As mass production of CE products moved to China, many Japanese component manufacturers followed.. But next certain local Chinese component supliers popped up many with very questionable background and reliability issues. So yes, certain local Chinese component suppliers are significantly cheaper but their quality is subpar..

Just my $0.02... ;)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
certain local Chinese component supliers popped up many with very questionable background and reliability issues.
And you think those are the suppliers used by Apple, D&M, Sony, Panasonic, Dell, Lenovo, etc? Do you think a company that moves its manufacturing facility automatically changes its component suppliers? Do you think a company that moves its manufacturing facility changes its quality policy/practices or its test procedures? Have you ever been involved in a major mfg operation moving or opening a new mfg facility? With what authority or knowledge do you speak of this matter?

I'm not trying to embarrass you. I just happen to have 30+ years experience in this arena, and want to clear up misconceptions some people accept as common knowledge.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
And you think those are the suppliers used by Apple, D&M, Sony, Panasonic, Dell, Lenovo, etc? Do you think a company that moves its manufacturing facility automatically changes its component suppliers? Do you think a company that moves its manufacturing facility changes its quality policy/practices or its test procedures? Have you ever been involved in a major mfg operation moving or opening a new mfg facility? With what authority or knowledge do you speak of this matter?

I'm not trying to embarrass you. I just happen to have 30+ years experience in this arena, and want to clear up misconceptions some people accept as common knowledge.
He claimed to be some sort of insider but he wasn't entirely accurate in regard to the made in Japan and Bain influence thing in his previous post (in another thread), but sort of corrected himself later though. I learned to take those claims mainly as a matter of opinions even when stated as though they were facts.

Last edited:
M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
He claimed to be some sort of insider but he wasn't entirely accurate in regard to the made in Japan and Bain influence thing in his previous post (in another thread), but sort of corrected himself later though. I learned to take those claims mainly as a matter of opinions even when stated as though they were facts.
Hmmm...
More misinformation..
Bain Capitol is still a major stockholder of the D&M Group, here are a couple of links to a financial article about their issues...
http://www.strata-gee.com/bain-capital-fails-bid-restructure-dm-holdings-buyout-financing/
http://www.strata-gee.com/dm-holdings-borrows-25-million-to-build-more-heos/

This thread is loaded with misinformation, Yamaha continues to build their high-end products in Hamamatsu, Japan...

Just my $0.02... ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis