GoldenEar Triton Seven Tower Speaker Review

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The GoldenEar Triton Seven is the least expensive tower in the lineup at $1400/pair, but offers trickle-down technology from the $5,000/pair Triton One tower. In our YouTube Video Review, we wanted to see what this buzz-worthy brand could offer audiophiles on a budget. Could a slim speaker offer a large stereo image and would the High Velocity Folden Ribbon tweeter offer smooth, natural reproduction?

Read on to find out.

Read: GoldenEar Triton Seven Tower Speaker Review

J

Jose Mercado Gonzalez

Audiophyte
I have a pair of Triton Seven, SuperCenter XXL, a pair or Aon 2 (for the rear), and a pair of HTR 7000 (in ceiling as Atmos configuration). And for the bass I have a pair of SVS SB-2000. My AV receiver is an Denon X6200w for a 5.2.2 configuration. I don't know what to say. I'ts amazing, superb, incredible... the soundstage, the quality sound, the smoothness, the highs, the lows, the mids, everything!!! My room is just 12 x 15 x 9, and it's completely close. For music and movies I recommend GE products!!!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have a pair of Triton Seven, SuperCenter XXL, a pair or Aon 2 (for the rear), and a pair of HTR 7000 (in ceiling as Atmos configuration). And for the bass I have a pair of SVS SB-2000. My AV receiver is an Denon X6200w for a 5.2.2 configuration. I don't know what to say. I'ts amazing, superb, incredible... the soundstage, the quality sound, the smoothness, the highs, the lows, the mids, everything!!! My room is just 12 x 15 x 9, and it's completely close. For music and movies I recommend GE products!!!
7s matched with a solid sub like yours are an excellent setup. I just really like their HVFR Tweeters. It was also good to hear from the reviewer that their off access is very good. It's a little more tricky with the T1s.

M

MWD

Audiophyte
I think it would be a good idea to make it clear that the "Planar Sub Bass Radiator" is nothing more than a passive radiator. Basically a mass loaded port.

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
I agree, they are not lookers by any means, in fact a little crude in appearance. But I don't need to please anyone else, and I've seen uglier speakers. It's a bit off-putting to look at plain unattractive speakers you've spent hard-earned money on, but if the performance justifies the cost, it's easier to forgive how much they've thinned your wallet. GoldenEar spends an inordinate amount of effort to cut manufacturing costs on non-essentials and design right from a blank sheet to minimize manufacturing outlay. It shows, but can be forgiven.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis