My spouses battle with cancer

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
On May 6, she lost a 3rd of her tongue due to oral cancer. The tumor was classified as stage 2. She elected to have her lymph glands removed from the affected side of her neck in a premptive move to lower the chance of cancer returning. The surgery was a week ago Monday. Its been a battle for the whole family with emotions running high and not much sleep. We go in for a checkup tomorrow to see how its going. The lymph glands appeared to be cancer free which is a good thing. Hoepfully this wil lbe it for a while. Cancer is such a wretched disease.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That sucks. Glad to hear there's a plan in place to make it less risky going forward. In case you're an atheist, I'll cover the prayer part for you but since I know you're Canadian, you can get your own pot. That should help. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Cancer sucks. Hang in there and hoping for best news tomorrow for your wife and family.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Wow. I don't even want to know how tough that surgery was. She must be an amazing person to get through it.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Ouch. Very sorry to hear that. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months ago. She had surgery to remove the affected area (no mastectomy) and just finished her last radiation treatment yesterday. She does not have to take Chemo and we are praying the Lord for her favorable results. You never really know what someone goes through with things like this until you experience a little of it for yourself. Cancer is no fun. I wish it on no one.
Wishing the best for you all! :)

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Yes, unfortunately it is a large club. Wife finished surgery, radiation, and chemo a year ago. She’s tough.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You certainly have my sympathy and prayers. I really hope that it turns out well for your wife.

Both my mother and mother-in-law went through breast cancer within months of each other, 22 years ago. Mastectomies, the whole nine yards. Both are still with us today. A couple who are close friends of my wife and I both had cancer within a few years of each other - he, with POEMS and she, with bowel cancer. They both are still with us. So, there's always hope.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I wish her the best in recovering. It's such an insidious disease. I think everyone has been impacted by it through loved one or a friend or coworker. Its tough. My thoughts are with you.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
@3db – oral cancer is a real tough one for the patient. My sympathies to her and you. If the pathology report on those lymph glands is negative, that's an excellent sign. Best wishes, and best luck for you.

Alex2507's offer may be surprising, but is genuine. Take him up on it, as you can never be too certain. As a (frequently) born-again agnostic, I can attest to that.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You have my sympathy and prayers. I did the whole chemo, radiation, and surgery shtick and I know what it can do to the patient and their family. It ain't pretty.

Also, knowing one can never.ever be totally sure it's gone forever takes it's toll as we,ll.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry to hear of this and best wishes.

Eff Cancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Cancer is wicked...so sorry to hear about your wife's battle with it.

I lost a sister in law to blood cancer (Leukemia) at 36 y/o.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Man, I'm with you in my mind. She has to beat it! Hold on, all of you.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis