my speakers sound funny?

S

se7en

Audioholic Intern
i just purchased my speakers less than a week ago. been busy working and so on, havent had time to really listen to them till today. when cranked the volume high, not ear shattering, i could hear this high pitched vibration noise coming from the speakers. the actual sound wasnt loud but high pitched. its kinda like a noise from a tin can when the table or floor is rumbling kinda. also i heard staticky noise when the sound gets to a low point. kinda like a distortion when it hits that sound level. its just coming from one of my speakers. what do think it might be, wiring, connectors, did crank the volume to high so there wasnt enough break period etc... or is my brank new speaker whacked. this sux, their so new :(

F

Fb111794

Audioholic Intern
se7en said:
i just purchased my speakers less than a week ago. been busy working and so on, havent had time to really listen to them till today. when cranked the volume high, not ear shattering, i could hear this high pitched vibration noise coming from the speakers. the actual sound wasnt loud but high pitched. its kinda like a noise from a tin can when the table or floor is rumbling kinda. also i heard staticky noise when the sound gets to a low point. kinda like a distortion when it hits that sound level. its just coming from one of my speakers. what do think it might be, wiring, connectors, did crank the volume to high so there wasnt enough break period etc... or is my brank new speaker whacked. this sux, their so new :(
Not sure what that "tin can" sound you are referring to is coming from, but the "staticky" sound could definitely be a blown driver or a driver in the process of clipping and on it's way to it's own destruction.

What kind of speakers are they and what are you driving them with? Most people don't realize that you can severly damage and/or blow a driver by under powering a speaker and then "cranking it up."

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis