Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I know this is an A/V forum but since it is an online forum I assume many here have some sort of interest in PCs as well. I was interested in PCs before home theater and I always build my own.

Lately I've been working on completely redoing my desk area. After tearing out the adjacent laundry room and completely redoing everything it is finally coming together.

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/Hi_Ho/PC Desk/

There is still some work to do such as install shelving, touch up paint, baseboard, and replace that butt ugly thermostat but it's a far cry from what it used to be with the tower on the desk, wires everywhere, and ugly wood paneling on the wall.

Those are Axiom Audiobyte speakers on the wall. I ordered the sub this evening. In the mean time I'm using my old monster sub that I built a few years ago. It's a bit oversize for this application. ;) It also needs some veneer. The small Behringer mixer is my volume control and also powers my AKG headphones. Everything is plugged into a Tripplite UPS so I won't lose internet or my network when the power goes out.

The PC specs are as follows:

Lian-Li Aluminum Case
ASUS P5B Deluxe Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 CPU
2GB PC2 6400 RAM
2x Seagate 250GB SATA HDD
EVGA GeForce 8800GTS 320MB Video Card
2x Lite-On 16xTA DVD-RW
Windows Vista Home Premium
Cable Modem
Sound Blaster X-Fi
FSP 700W PSU
Logitech MX1000 Wireless Laser Mouse
Westinghouse 20.1" LCD

What are your PC rigs like?

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Glad that it's coming together for you!

Lian Li case? Looks like one. I've got one myself, but a different model. Case is very nicely made, but the cooling isn't very good - but I tried to build a quiet PC. I'm got a 3 GHz P4 (Prescott), though, so it's not easy to keep cool.

Adam

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
It's a Lian-Li case. It actually has very good cooling. I took out the top and side fans and my temps are very good and it is very quiet. I'm actually using the 120mm side fan to keep the UPS, external HDD, router, and modem cool under the tower. I found an old 12v transformer and wired it to the fan. It seems to do the trick considering we've had 95 degree weather here lately and nothing has burned up. :)

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I see you have a Behringer UB805 mixer there. What you currently using it for?

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Right now it's really just a volume control and sometimes an EQ. The amp for the speakers is under the desk in an inaccessable area and it's much easier to use the mixer to control the volume. It also powers my AKG k240 headphones much better than the sound card.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis