My Gaming PC Speakers Are Making Crackling Sound

Jeff90

Jeff90

Audiophyte
Hello Friends,

My Gaming Pc Speakers are making crackling sound. How can I get the issue sorted out?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello Friends,

My Gaming Pc Speakers are making crackling sound. How can I get the issue sorted out?
Can't answer the question. What are the speakers powered by? Are they passive or powered speakers?

Do the speakers crackle if connected to something else? Does the system crackle if you use different speakers?

You have a lot more work to do and have to provide much more information before any sensible comment can be made.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Most computer speakers I've encountered tend to suffer one of two issues over time: they get a dirty volume knob that causes crackling, or the cable gets a slight internal break or short at the end adjacent to the 1/8" plug.

Jeff90

Jeff90

Audiophyte
I am not sure if it's a passive or powered speaker. But its a Bose Sound Touch 20 Series III system. Had been using it for a long time.

Jeff90

Jeff90

Audiophyte
Most computer speakers I've encountered tend to suffer one of two issues over time: they get a dirty volume knob that causes crackling, or the cable gets a slight internal break or short at the end adjacent to the 1/8" plug.
But I am using it with the wireless system and a remote. It was all perfect for long time. Not sure why all of a sudden it started out.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Is it connected to your gaming computer with a cable or are you using wifi? First thing I would try is connecting it physically with a 3.5mm AUX cable. If the distortion persists then it might be a hardware issue, possibly bad solder connection inside the speaker.

Jeff90

Jeff90

Audiophyte
Is it connected to your gaming computer with a cable or are you using wifi? First thing I would try is connecting it physically with a 3.5mm AUX cable. If the distortion persists then it might be a hardware issue, possibly bad solder connection inside the speaker.
Okay I will go ahead and try that out. Anything else I should keep in mind?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Okay I will go ahead and try that out. Anything else I should keep in mind?
Well, if it's going through wifi, has anything at all changed in your network config recently? Your sound would be getting transmitted as digital code from computer -> router -> speaker, so unwanted noise could mean a hiccup exists in that chain somewhere. But I'd start with the easy troubleshooting first, which is testing an analog connection. You'll have to configure your PC to output through the 3.5mm audio jacks instead of over wifi, of course.

Jeff90

Jeff90

Audiophyte
I was able to resolve the issue from here. Irt was basically an OS related issue.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis