C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Aiwa NSX-D22
RCA "Home Theatre" (i dont know the model) VCR
ColorTrak ( :confused: ive NEVER heard of this brand before! ) TV
Pioneer CS-569 speakers

When I was small, I pushed in the bubbles on the speakers so....But they work fine otherwise! Lots of great bass and great highs! My system rocks, for a sub $100 one! :D

MasterChief

MasterChief

Junior Audioholic
LOL indeed hope u enjoy it alot. When i was small i poked at a woofer and i got hit then i never did it again lol i rmember someone using a needle to pop them back out lol.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
A needle? How would that work? I would like to get these speakers back to their "normal" state :D

S

soniceuphoria

Audioholic
There are a few ways to pop the dust cover back out on your woofers. The needle method, you take a sewing needle (try to make it a small one) and poke a hole in the dust cover in the center at the lowest point of the crease and put the needle about half way into the hole and then turn it sideways and lift up. Just remember if you do it this way to be careful not to rip the cone. The vacuum cleaner method, use a high power vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment or a shop vac, which ever is handy, and place the end of the hose onto the speaker cone and turn it on. Both methods have worked for me in the past but the vacuum does not always work on some stiffer cones. I hope this helps you out. I too started with a very modest system made of components picked up at garage sales and pawn shops and have made made my way to Hi-Fi
first class. This is just another reason for you to continue you audio dreams. Good luck. Happy listening. :)
Greg

R

Red

Audioholic
Cygnus, nice start on your audio system for a young man like yourself. My son is a few years older and I have him started with my old Pioneer SX750 receiver which is now about 30 years old - my very first audio purchase when I was in college. - along with some older Infiniy Qe speakers and a JVC CD player. He too is getting the bug. Plus this system just naturally sounds better with the music of that day - Zeppelin, The Who, The Stones, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd etc...so he is also developing excellent taste in music :D plus I don't mind as much when he turns it up.

But remember, this is can be an expensive hobby, so keep studying!

Enjoy the music

Red

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
I'll try the vacum method sometime...

...I like all the classic bands too:

Rush :D
Led Zep
The Who
Yes
Ramones (not really classic rock, but still good)
The Doors

:)

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Duct tape works fantastic for popping out dust covers. Put it on there, let it sit for a few minutes and lightly pull out.

Good luck!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis