my component video went Black and white

B

beercabler

Audiophyte
hi, i have a mitsubishi hd 1080 and component video has been working fine and dandy... suddenly went black and white. i tried 2 dvd players with same result. i *think* i tried different cables...but i guess i could buy a new set of component video cables to be sure.... i noticed there was a "component video reset" option in my tv menu ... when i tried that it went BLUE!!!!

any ideas what mite have happened?

thanks! desparate to get back to component !!!

im not using svid which is working *sigh* :confused:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
beercabler said:
hi, i have a mitsubishi hd 1080 and component video has been working fine and dandy... suddenly went black and white. i tried 2 dvd players with same result. i *think* i tried different cables...but i guess i could buy a new set of component video cables to be sure.... i noticed there was a "component video reset" option in my tv menu ... when i tried that it went BLUE!!!!

any ideas what mite have happened?

thanks! desparate to get back to component !!!

im not using svid which is working *sigh* :confused:

Before you expend any funds on new cables and then returning it when the results are the same, try som other cables with RCA on it. While they may not be video cables, unless you have some video cables kicking around ;) , it should do to check out the signal and eliminate the cable as a culprit.
I think you may have a TV problem.
Try the regular video input, or the s-video if you have such a cable. It may be only your component section of the TV?

Last edited:
B

beercabler

Audiophyte
will do

thanks for the reply. i also heard from a technition it may be a tv setting. im going to explore these options and will post my findings here.
thanks again

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis