MX-850 cable (laptop USB to the remote)

SMM

SMM

Audioholic
Does any know where I can purchase a cable to connect my laptop to my MX-850 to download changes?

Universal Remote has the right cable if it is a serial (9-pin) cable, or you can cut a 9-oin cable, plus an 1/8" mini cable and roll your own. I can't remember if the MX-850 is serial or USB. If it's USB, Wal-mart will have the cable.

O

outsider

Audioholic
you should be able to find a serial-->USB adapter at a computer store, or maybe Radio Shack.
I am still surprised that Universal decided to include an outdated cable with this remote....it's the reason I don't have one. Actually, I had purchased one, but returned it immediately after finding that my PC does not have a serial port. Does anyone know why Universal decided to use an outdated cable?

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Universal Remote has the right cable if it is a serial (9-pin) cable, or you can cut a 9-oin cable, plus an 1/8" mini cable and roll your own. I can't remember if the MX-850 is serial or USB. If it's USB, Wal-mart will have the cable.
It is a serial cable. I have an MX-850 here now so I can get to know it for work. I don't get why it uses such an outdated connection. :confused:

O

outsider

Audioholic
Hi Ho said:
It is a serial cable. I have an MX-850 here now so I can get to know it for work. I don't get why it uses such an outdated connection. :confused:
especially considering the number of people who will be using their laptops for programming.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis