Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Did they sign some kind of deal to make the map packs exclusive to Xbox Live for over a month? I don't understand this at all. I want to play the new maps. I paid the same damn price for the game on the PC. Why should I have to wait an indefinite amount of time to get them? They don't even say when they will come to PC, only "at a later date".

SopRage

SopRage

Audioholic
Yes.

They were absolutely paid for an exclusive deal to keep the new maps on Xbox Live for a certain amount of time. The same practice is being used more and more on "exclusive" titles for each platform.

Sadly, there's nothing to do but sit and wait.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I really fail to see how this benefits them at all. The game is released on all platforms. People have already purchased it on their platform of choice. No one is going to buy the game again just to buy DLC. All this does is piss off a lot of people.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
MS does have a timed exclusive deal in place, the PS3 and the PC will get the DLC 30 days after the 360.

SopRage

SopRage

Audioholic
I really fail to see how this benefits them at all. The game is released on all platforms. People have already purchased it on their platform of choice. No one is going to buy the game again just to buy DLC. All this does is piss off a lot of people.
My guess is the benefit is the large sum of money paid to them by Microsoft.

They aren't interested in people buying the game again; there are no real negative repercussions for Activision and they get a giant wad of cash for simply porting the product later. This is becoming common practice in lieu of platform exclusives so that each can have SOME kind advantage over the others.

If you want to be upset with Activision, I'd think the lack of private servers and outrageously overpriced DLC would be more egregious offenses.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis