MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Matt34

Matt34

It seems Universal Music Group is spamming the forums. Sheep mentioned this in a thread and it has not received any attention from the moderators. Threads in question...they just have enough posts to post links...

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49085\

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49059

These are obviously clever attempts at advertising but they made the fatal mistake to put UMG in their sig.....BUSTED.
Report the threads, some things do slip past us.;)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Report the threads, some things do slip past us.;)

I reported both of them. I wouldn't have noticed that was spam if Sheep didn't mention it previously about a prior thread, but when I saw the 2nd username with a UMG sig posting links, definetly spam. Kudos to Sheep:).

J

jamie2112

Banned
Plus both the bands they put up here SUCKED........:eek: Bannnnnnnn uuummmm

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Plus both the bands they put up here SUCKED........:eek: Bannnnnnnn uuummmm
I liked that Honey Honey bit. :eek:
I wanna know where to get more. :p

Edit: Now it's gone! I finally figured out how to make folders in favorites like 'Music' and save single posts.
... whaaa ... whaaa ... whaaa ... :D

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I liked that Honey Honey bit. :eek:
I wanna know where to get more. :p

Edit: Now it's gone! I finally figured out how to make folders in favorites like 'Music' and save single posts.
... whaaa ... whaaa ... whaaa ... :D
It's gone? That is too bad. Seriously. It is has been soft deleted, then I would ask that the mods consider putting it back up. There were some good bands linked in that thread. Just delete the original post or something, but please leave the rest of them.

Thanks.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
It's gone? That is too bad. Seriously. It is has been soft deleted, then I would ask that the mods consider putting it back up. There were some good bands linked in that thread. Just delete the original post or something, but please leave the rest of them.

Thanks.
I disagree. They have to be let known that spamming will not be tolerated and policies will be properly inforced. Now that it is known to the mods about this maybe this will allow the mods to see these spammers before it happens, if they know they can get away with it, they will contintue to do it. They have created multiple usernames advertising their bands and pushing their agenda (I wonder if they have the same IP address). This is no different than someone advertising incredible prices for I -Pods, cell phones and PS3's etc.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It could be accomplished by banning the user and deleting the post. No need to delete the valuable and useful posts that were contributed within that thread. Just my opinion. Jamie posted up a video that I really liked. I wish that it was still there.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, Mike! That's awesome. No, no...you're awesome.

I think that Minus and I will both be happy now. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks Mike. I got it so I'm good. I now see that I could have found that on my own. It's only been a little while since I got the you tube thing and today I got LimeWire. I'm on the fast track, huh? :rolleyes: :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis