Music Distributors, Retailers to Settle.......

M

mikenyc

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Courtesy of the LA Times...

&quot;The five largest music companies and several retailers have agreed to pay $143 million in cash and CDs to resolve long-standing allegations of price fixing.

The settlement, announced Monday, ends more than two years of legal wrangling between major record labels, three retailers and state attorneys general nationwide over the industry's &quot;minimum advertised pricing&quot; practice, which prosecutors alleged violated antitrust laws and illegally inflated the cost of CDs.

As part of the settlement, the retailers and record labels refused to admit wrongdoing, but agreed to pay $67.4 million to be refunded to consumers and send states $75 million worth of compact discs for use in libraries, public schools and hospitals.&quot;

The rest of the story at...

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-...dlines-business</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Hope that some of the CDs make their way to my local library system, where I can copy them to MD (before the idiots who scratch them &amp; encrust them w/various substances get a chance to check them out). &nbsp; Would be a &quot;poetically just&quot; outcome.</font>

M

mikenyc

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Don't hold your breath !

I'm sure that they will send the libraries all of the &quot;returns&quot; they can !</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis