Multiple Amplifiers

H

hahone

Audiophyte
New to the forum and not sure if this is the right place to post. Sorry if it is not.

I am in the process of upgrading to separates for a 5.2 home theater. I picked out an Anthem AVM 60 for a pre-pro. I have two old amps that I can use until I can upgrade to a single amp. The two amps are a Crown Power Line Two (to be used for left right) and a Yamaha MX-55 (4 channel amp)l for use with (center and two surrounds).

These amps have low sensitivity. About 1 V. However, in 4 channel mode, the Yamaha has a sensitivity of .7 V. Can these be used together with the preamp? If so, do I need to change the EQ on the preamp at all to account for the lower sensitivity of the Yamaha?

The room these are going into is not huge. Low ceiling and about 600 sq ft. Planning on two sealed HSU subs to handle the low end. Speakers will be Revel Concerta2 line.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
New to the forum and not sure if this is the right place to post. Sorry if it is not.

I am in the process of upgrading to separates for a 5.2 home theater. I picked out an Anthem AVM 60 for a pre-pro. I have two old amps that I can use until I can upgrade to a single amp. The two amps are a Crown Power Line Two (to be used for left right) and a Yamaha MX-55 (4 channel amp)l for use with (center and two surrounds).

These amps have low sensitivity. About 1 V. However, in 4 channel mode, the Yamaha has a sensitivity of .7 V. Can these be used together with the preamp? If so, do I need to change the EQ on the preamp at all to account for the lower sensitivity of the Yamaha?

The room these are going into is not huge. Low ceiling and about 600 sq ft. Planning on two sealed HSU subs to handle the low end. Speakers will be Revel Concerta2 line.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Eq has nothing to do with this problem. You will be able to set outputs in your pre/pro.

Using multiple two channel power amps is the best way to go and not use 5 channel amps.

By the way it is a good idea to have all applications worked out before ordering equipment, not trying to figure it out after you order it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis