Multi Sub odd positioning?

Archivist

Archivist

Audiophyte
Hi Gene,

I currently have 1 Sub in L front corner of Home Theater (B&W ASW610). I would like to add a 2nd Sub per your recommendations but am essentially limited to the opposite corner L back and/or L side wall.

In this instance is it better to stay with just the one Sub or would adding the second be of value? If its of value where would be the best place.

My system is 7.1 utilizing a Emotiva UMC-1 Pre-Pro and B&W LCR L/R et al powered by Parasound Amps. Room is rectangular (see attached drawing).

Thanks for any thoughts!

Dave

Attachments

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Hi Gene,

I currently have 1 Sub in L front corner of Home Theater (B&W ASW610). I would like to add a 2nd Sub per your recommendations but am essentially limited to the opposite corner L back and/or L side wall.

In this instance is it better to stay with just the one Sub or would adding the second be of value? If its of value where would be the best place.

My system is 7.1 utilizing a Emotiva UMC-1 Pre-Pro and B&W LCR L/R et al powered by Parasound Amps. Room is rectangular (see attached drawing).

Thanks for any thoughts!

Dave
I’m having difficulty reading your diagram, but either way, ideal dual sub placement, if smooth response is the goal, is front and back wall midpoints or opposite diagonal corners, such as front r corner and rear l corner or vice versa. Either way, two subs is still better than one, especially when headroom is considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
2 subs will be better than one. You can do sub crawl to determine best locations for your subs.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

In this instance is it better to stay with just the one Sub or would adding the second be of value?
The primary two reasons for adding a second sub are:

1. Your current sub doesn’t have enough “horsepower” and you’re bottoming it out all the time.
2. You’re trying to get more even frequency response in the room.

If one or both of those applies, then adding a second sub would be "of value."

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Archivist

Archivist

Audiophyte
I’m having difficulty reading your diagram, but either way, ideal dual sub placement, if smooth response is the goal, is front and back wall midpoints or opposite diagonal corners, such as front r corner and rear l corner or vice versa. Either way, two subs is still better than one, especially when headroom is considered.

Hi yepimonfire,

Sorry, I lost my link and it has taken me 2 months to find it (grr). In looking at the Screen my 1 sub is positioned on the left front. I have no way to place another Sub on the Right front or Right Back (for a diagonal) dual set-up. I can place another Sub essentially opposite the Front on the Left or possibly positioned in the corner left.

My question is whether this would work to improve my Bass? The other part of the question is whether another Sub should be the same (B&W ASW610) or possibly an B&W ASW608 or another brand entirely?

Again my apologies to all who answered my original post, computer went down and had to be fixed, and finding my old links has been a PITA!

Dave

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis