mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
And some more goodies:

Surrounds.JPG
And some more goodies:

DSCN4463.JPG
DSCN4464.JPG

ps. the BD is replace with Oppo 103 and the HD player of the past is history. :)

DSCN4465.JPG

AND my other hobby:

shoe port.JPG

Yes, I did this simple quilt cover; spouse is very talented quilter though.

Quilt.JPG
window seat.jpg

fireplace mantle

Building mantle.JPG
Froom fire place top.JPG

The home mostly designed but built by yours truly. Enjoy.

ps. the BD is replace with Oppo 103 and the HD player of the past is history. :)

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Nice job on the woodwork. What do you use for cabinet ventilation?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Nice job on the woodwork. What do you use for cabinet ventilation?
There are two 3" holes at the top, 2 behind each amp and larger component for vent and wire, also 3"Not long ago there was a thread here about fans, 8" I think. I finally decided to place on on each major component, 4 in all. While the fans ate quiet in free air, once you place it on the component even with those double sticky foam is the same so I need to shut the doors. The mag latch at the bottom is one of those push to release so one is shut the other is open but held by the magnet. The crack is more than enough to keep everything cool. There is space above the cabinet and behind the component cabinet. Curved stairwell on the other side.

Here is a pict of the fan:

DSCF5196.JPG

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Very cool. Your setup is epic enough that we needed new pics!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
There are two 3" holes at the top, 2 behind each amp and larger component for vent and wire, also 3"Not long ago there was a thread here about fans, 8" I think. I finally decided to place on on each major component, 4 in all. While the fans ate quiet in free air, once you place it on the component even with those double sticky foam is the same so I need to shut the doors. The mag latch at the bottom is one of those push to release so one is shut the other is open but held by the magnet. The crack is more than enough to keep everything cool. There is space above the cabinet and behind the component cabinet. Curved stairwell on the other side.

Here is a pict of the fan:

View attachment 22528
What is this being powered with in the pic?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

So the cable being held down with blue tape has nothing to do with the fans?
Right. That is for the IR repeater. The sensor is on the projector box on the top back corner facing the hallway. I sit in the right seat and control from there? My back light is on an IR detector mode, was able to learn it to the remote. Once the BD tray is loaded, I can sit, and remotely continue, load, start, turn light out.

The fan cable is in the back of the cabinet.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Nice!

I used to build high end homes in a previous life. My older brother and I, along with two other tradesmen, worked pretty much exclusively for a handful of GCs out west, and typically built the homes from the foundation up. The GC might hire out the electrical at times depending how involved the framing and detail work was.

What was nice about that was, we got to hang the (20 year drywall man) sheetrock, tile and trim/cabinetry etc. over our own framing. The GCs figured out rather quickly how much they were saving on punch lists and lack of delay and associated fees. The fact that all of us were reared in the piecework realm, we got things done with little waste in time/materials and could afford to do things perfectly.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis