mounting mini monitors on the wall...

Paulvader

Paulvader

Junior Audioholic
I am ready to mount my mini monitors on the wall as rear surrounds and am wondering the best way and height to mount them at. For height I think I know...about 4 ft from ground...as for mounts, I haven't gone to my dealer yet but want some guildance here 1st if possible. The speaker wire will unfortunately have to come straight down the wall for now...The room is 13' wide and 28' long...I want to put the speakers about 12-15' in front of the t.v. any thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Paulvader said:
I am ready to mount my mini monitors on the wall as rear surrounds
.....rear surrounds, or rear rears?....5.1 or 7.1?.....

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Surround speakers

Surround speakers should be on the sides of the listening position and rear surrounds (7.1) behind the listener. Check out the Dolby spec, both pairs of speakers should be about 2-3' above your ears when seated.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
jcPanny said:
Surround speakers should be on the sides of the listening position and rear surrounds (7.1) behind the listener.
.....aaahh, the terminology is established.....he said he was going to mount them on the wall at four feet up the wall, about 15 feet away from the TV and soundstage, and since the room is 28 footses long, that would put the rear surrounds on the side walls behind the listening position....will the rear surrounds be projecting straight out at each other, or be turned toward the listening position?....either way, I say go for it....Paul, where are your surrounds?....we're tryin' to learn together here.....

....edit....am watching the DVD "Twister"....some of the special effects looked fakey a little, but most of them looked REAL good....good one all 'round....."WE HAVE COWS".....

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis