Mount for Samsung 75"

itschris

itschris

I'm about to buy the Samsung 75 in the next few days. I'm a little pissed because SAMs had it down to $2,498 then marked it back up to the orginal price they had it at of $2,698. I got mad and turned around out of principle but now I just want the TV.

So while I was there, I was looking at their mounting brackets. The one for 60-80" tvs was only about $65 and seemed as good as any but it said it was 2" from the wall. That seems pretty far off. So the way I understood it was that there would be a 2" gap between the wall and the back of the TV.

Obviously I'd like to get the TV as close to the wall as possible but is 2" normal? Also, I guess I'll put in a recessed power outlet and cord passthrough for the HDMI cables and what not. Any suggestions on that and the what really amounts to the best way to do all that would be helpful.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They do make super slim mounts that are practically like hangars, but you'll need to figure out if you can get all your plugs in there then. Yes, for most mounts, about 2" is average. Another thing to consider is whether or not you need to angle it at all. I find angling it slightly down can help keep glare and reflections on the screen down considerably if you don't have an easily light controlled room. Super slim mounts won't do that usually. Another issue will be that a 75" TV probably won't work on a slim mount as they are generally for smaller, lighter displays. You'll probably have to go with a more heavy duty one and it won't be so thin.

I've got 2 of the parts express shadow mounts both TVs and they're sturdy, work very well and were cheap. Most of the ones at PE look like they only say up to 60", but the heavy duty ones say 150-175lbs.

crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
Yes but look at a 4gang box... that will give you plenty of flexibility

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Run your AC wires away from low voltage, on opposite sides of the stud bay or different sides of a stud.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
For any TV mount, just check the VESA pattern of the mounting holes. Samsung publishes this, and typically it is 200x200 or 400x200 or similar. That's the space, in millimeters between the holes on the TV (if you don't know). Typically width first, then height. So, a 600x400 VESA hole pattern means the holes a 600mm apart left/right, and 400mm apart top/bottom. Some mounts can handle different sizes, and as long as the mount is rated to handle the size you have, then just check the weight, and the mount will work just fine.

After a quick look it appears that the UN75F6400 is a 400x400 VESA pattern, so just look for that compliance of any mount, with support for the weight of the TV (plus a few pounds) and you'll be good.

Now, if you want a 'tilting' mount, it must be a couple of inches from the wall to allow for the tilt. A fixed mount will get it closer to the wall.

Here's your .6" off the wall mounting solution which is compatible with your TV.
Low Profile Wall Mount Bracket for LCD LED Plasma (Max 200 lbs, 37~63 inch) - Monoprice.com

Watch out for power cables or anything else behind the TV!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i know you said slim mount, but i actually prefer the biggest mount from monoprice that does tilt and swivel, not that i would swivel the tv while using it, but because i want to see where the inputs and outputs are without consulting the manual.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis