More Good News - Scotch Whiskey Tariffs Suspended!

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Let's all take a moment to celebrate the progress being made in improving the human condition!

>>>LONDON (AP) — Scotch single malt whisky makers breathed a sigh of relief Thursday after the United States agreed to suspend tariffs on one of Scotland’s main exports in the wake of the resolution of a long-standing transatlantic trade row over subsidies to aircraft companies Boeing and Airbus.<<<

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Heck didn't know there was one. Bought some Jameson last week and the price was the same compared to last Oct.

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
I'll celebrate when the human condition can order a decent bottle of tequila online in Ohio from three states over.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Heck didn't know there was one. Bought some Jameson last week and the price was the same compared to last Oct.
Well, Jameson is an Irish blend, not a Scottish single malt. Maybe the tariff didn't apply to it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not holding my breath waiting for prices to go down on it, tho. Especially after paying $80 recently for something that used to be $40 not that many years ago, and not much of that is due to the tariff I'd think as the price had gone up generally well before the tariff, didn't even notice a particular bump on the stuff due to the tariff.

Well, Jameson is an Irish blend, not a Scottish single malt. Maybe the tariff didn't apply to it.
I guess I'll have to put on my customs broker hat and go see what the deal was :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Okay, looked it up, Scotch and Irish whiskies share the same tariff code (2208.30.30) and are normally duty free (but not free of excise taxes on alcoholic content), and it appears the duty penalty was described under special tariff 9903.89.49 and was applicable to both UK and Ireland origins (and was a 25% duty on value).

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Lets toast to this wonderful news! Scotch, of course!:cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis