Moon 810LP Phono Preamplifier Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Simaudio introduced the Moon 810LP Phono Preamplifier at the Venetian, their latest addition to the Evolution Series of audio components. The 810LP features a dual-mono fully balanced differential design, and represents the company's “all out assault†on phono preamplification. They describe the preamp as an "ultra-refined audio circuit" which they have mounted on top of a floating suspension. As with many audiophile products, the Moon 810LP is also highly configurable, with selectable gain, impedance loading, capacitance loading and equalization curves. These can all be tweaked using DIP switches located on the bottom of the device. The goal is to make sure the Moon 810LP works with, and more importantly - sounds good with - virtually any available phono cartridge on the market.

Discuss "Moon 810LP Phono Preamplifier Preview" here. Read the article.

cwall99

cwall99

Full Audioholic
Targets like this one are an easy one to hit...

... But, I suppose, if I had the means, I might be enticed to buy one.

Of course, if I picked one of these up, I'd need to spend $4k each for a power cord and some interconnects.

Is this the recommended pre-amp for the ClearAudio Statement?

Seriously, though, I don't begrudge anything to anyone who picks up products like these. Like I said, if I had the means, I'm sure I'd have two of them.

What I'd really like to know, though, is what their annual sales figures look like.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It sure is perdy and probably sounds really good also. However, unless I come up with serious lottery winnings, I'll just admire it from afar.

T

thxtheater2

Audiophyte
Forget from afar...

Go to a dealer and admire from up-close. WOW, the SimAudio stuff just sounds incredible. I heard one of their 4k integrated amps driving dynaudio speakers and I was incredibly impressed. I couldn't believe the command the Sim piece had on the speakers. It had an incredible low-end. I agree, but I'd have three of them, not just two!

So, don't admire from afar, go spend some time and salivate from up-close.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis