Monoprice Monolith XLR Cables

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I wanted to dress up my XLR cables a bit. Not expecting a sonic miracle over my BJC XLRS, they sound great. I am only dealing with 1M cable runs, so the Monoprice were moderately priced. After looking at the pictures someone posted on amazon, it looks like they are well shielded and soldered. I always prefered braided cable and these have better flex than the Blue Jeans Cabless. Don't know if there if any sonic difference, but they are much more attractive to look at :D

Amazon.com: Monolith XLR Balanced M/F Audio Cable - 1 Meter, with 24K Gold Plated Connectors, Oxygen Free Copper, Professional, Premium Home Audio: Electronics

Matches great with my Parasound, but still look nice even with the ATI LOL

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
There are no audible differences between competent XLR cables. All well made Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) XLR cables will sound the same. In pro audio, 300 foot (100 meter) XLR cables are often used to make the recording that you listen to.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
There are no audible differences between competent XLR cables. All well made Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) XLR cables will sound the same. In pro audio, 300 foot (100 meter) XLR cables are often used to make the recording that you listen to.
Maybe for older live recordings and even then, they would have used a break-out box that acts like a splitter for the raw feeds that go to the FOH board so the recording can have its own mix (a cassette copy may come 'from the board' but a multi-track is mixed separately and very different from the FOH sound). 100m cables aren't used much anymore- they have gone to fiber because there's no line loss and it's very unlikely that they would have any ground loops.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
That's not how some serious classical music recording are/were made.
Yes, there are now good digital, fiber and wireless interconnect systems.
But what does that have to do with the difference between BJC and Monoprice XLR cables?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Or just putting prettier tech flex on it....
As stated, just wanted to dress up my cabling. I did not expect a sonic difference. My only major complaint with the BJC is they are not flexible and are basically plain looking. I use BJC for my speaker wire very happy with the quality, especially the welding of the cables to the locking banana plugs.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As stated, just wanted to dress up my cabling. I did not expect a sonic difference. My only major complaint with the BJC is they are not flexible and are basically plain looking. I use BJC for my speaker wire very happy with the quality, especially the welding of the cables to the locking banana plugs.
Yeah adding tech flex to stiff cable would only pretty it up (maybe, beauty of cable isn't a thing for me). I just make my own, can't imagine buying pre-made speaker cable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis