Monoprice cables any good?

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Absolutley, Many of us here are useing monoprice and saving money and the quality of their cables is great. Most of my cables are from there.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. You might get a lot of responses here, or people might just point you to the many posts/threads on that. They've been discussed quite a bit in the forum already. There's a whole thread on their CS and products linked here.

Many people here have been happy with them. I recommended them to my coworker a couple of weeks ago, he got his shipment in, and he was happy with them. The only potentially negative remark that I recall reading came from Phil (speakerman39), IIRC, that mentioned that the RG6 cables that they use for their premium interconnects can be stiff and difficult to manuever.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Hi. You might get a lot of responses here, or people might just point you to the many posts/threads on that. They've been discussed quite a bit in the forum already. There's a whole thread on their CS and products linked here.

Many people here have been happy with them. I recommended them to my coworker a couple of weeks ago, he got his shipment in, and he was happy with them. The only potentially negative remark that I recall reading came from Phil (speakerman39), IIRC, that mentioned that the RG6 cables that they use for their premium interconnects can be stiff and difficult to manuever.
I see everybody is raving about these cables. This is the first time I actualy checked out their site. These prices are insanely low.
ADAM You're the one that turned me on to that site. Thanks again

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I use them and BJC but unless you just want new cables, why spend money on something you already have?

F

fast1

Audioholic
yup i think you can use the money for something more productive.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I use Monoprice and Tartan Cable (BJC division) and never had an issue with either.

64met

64met

Audioholic
I buy ALL my cables from MP and their CS is great too! HIGHLY recommend!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Me too. I have MonoPrice, BJC, Rat Shack and Monster back there. I don't really care, they all work and you can't see them.
I think I have 3 different brands on there right now, would be nice if there all the same.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't really care, they all work and you can't see them.
Yes, but you still know what's there. :D

I've got a combination of brands, too. Radio Shack, Monster (just one...be kind), Belkin, something from Target, plus others I'm sure.

I've been wanting an excuse to buy some Monoprice gear, but I just haven't needed anything, yet. I was really happy to save my coworker some money, though, and he liked what he got from there.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I just received a 75 foot TOSLINK cable from Monoprice. Nice substantial terminations, the cable has woven metal cladding - looks like chain mail armor! For less than $20, plus shipping! No cable, this good, has a right to be this cheap! Better keep quiet - they might start to jack up their prices...Shhhh.....!

C

christian

Audiophyte
I always used monoprice as well and they have been great. I also should mention a new site I found that also might be just as good as far as prices/cables and that is cabletrain.com. So far i've ordered a few hdmi cable and a toslink and they are excellent.

R

raypasote

Audioholic Intern
I will buy monoprice

Thanks, guys! Based on your recommendations, I will buy monoprice cables. Sounds good to me! (pardon the pun):

Porschetech

Porschetech

Audioholic
can't go wrong with monoprice. every cable i have in my setup is from them :D

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
I ordered a bunch of Monoprice cables when I rearranged my HT. Great price and a great build quality on these. Wish I had started shopping from them a while ago.

Mike

K

KODG

Junior Audioholic
This is the first time that I checked this site out. I have never seen prices like that. Are these cables any good? If so I'll replace all my connectors. They look better than the once I have now which I paid a hell of a lot more.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021803&p_id=2869&seq=1&format=1#largeimage[/QUOT

scientific test proved the monoprice cable is just as good as the Monster but only on shorter runs under 10ft. then their scientic study did show the monoprice signal break-up & the moster was still fine. I use audioquest HDMi-3 cables now & like them but their pricey. I have two 14' top of the line Monster for sale. these are originals not chinese knock-offs. e-mail if your interested. kodg@verizon.net.

Kodg

Last edited:
J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
scientific test proved the monoprice cable is just as good as the Monster but only on shorter runs under 10ft. then their scientic study did show the monoprice signal break-up & the moster was still fine. I use audioquest HDMi-3 cables now & like them but their pricey. I have two 14' top of the line Monster for sale. these are originals not chinese knock-offs. e-mail if your interested. kodg@verizon.net.

Kodg
Please attach a link to said test.

I'll attach an interesting test: Long HDMI Cable Bench Tests - Monster Cable Shootout

There are 5 tests, and I'll post some results regarding the 4th test, Max HDMI 3.4 Gbit/s 10.2 Gbit/s. I don't really care about the 5th test, because the application doesn't even exist yet.

Here ya go . . .

$9.52 Monoprice 6' = PASS
$15.81 Monoprice 15' = PASS
$41.42 Monoprice 25' = PASS

$99.95 Monster 500HD 4m = FAIL
$249.95 Monster 700HD 10m = FAIL

In fact, the 10m Monster 700HD was the only from the above to even fail the 1080p 12-bit DC 2.23 Gbit/s 6.49 Gbit/s test.

10m = 32.8', which is almost 8' longer than the 25' Monoprice, but nevertheless fails two tests, while the Monoprice passes both. It would have been nice to see the 35 footer by Mono tested.

4m = 13.1'. No excuses?

Methinks you are full of it!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis