Monolithic question

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
Hello all,
I've been waiting all day to order my amp and was planning on getting the Monolith 5x. It still shows as out of stock but I can order the 7x for the same price as the Emotiva 5 channel.

My question is there any other benefit other than the extra 2 channels when comparing the Monolith 5x to the 7x. When I look at the specs the only other difference is the capacitance which I assume is greater on the 7x due to the extra 2 channels on the 7x. Just wondering if the extra $300 is worth it knowing I am only running a 5.2 setup and either will work for my wants and needs.
Basically any advantages such as extra headroom, longevity etc... or anything else that may be hidden even if it is not audible.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Hello all,
I've been waiting all day to order my amp and was planning on getting the Monolith 5x. It still shows as out of stock but I can order the 7x for the same price as the Emotiva 5 channel.

My question is there any other benefit other than the extra 2 channels when comparing the Monolith 5x to the 7x. When I look at the specs the only other difference is the capacitance which I assume is greater on the 7x due to the extra 2 channels on the 7x. Just wondering if the extra $300 is worth it knowing I am only running a 5.2 setup and either will work for my wants and needs.
Basically any advantages such as extra headroom, longevity etc... or anything else that may be hidden even if it is not audible.
I suggest that you wait for the Monolith 5x to be again in stock. It's solidly built. I have more confidence in the Monolith line than in the Emotiva brand for reliability. It's built by ATI which is a well known electronics manufacturer.

If you don't need extra channels and you don't plan to use Atmos channels, I would not spend an additional $300. Also, an advantage with the 5 channel Monolith is that it weighs less than the 93 lbs 7 channel one. Reliability for both should be the same and there wouldn't be more headroom with the Monolith 7.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
That's what I was thinking. I am definitely going with the Monolith just being impatient lol.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
Been checking it all day and it just states "X Out of Stock ETA: 6/5/2020". I keep clicking refresh going it IS 6/5/2020!!! lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think I may have read the 5 vs 7 Monolith have slightly different power supply configuration but doubt that in and of itself yields any particular advantage/disadvantage. Good luck on the stocking thing....

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
Maybe if I am extremely lucky they are out of stock because it is being replaced with a new and improved model...hmmmmm.....

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
Looks like I may have to look at either the 7 channel or a secondary option. They just pushed back the availability of the 5 channel until 7/7/2020 :(. At least I have many options.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just get the 7Ch. Never know if you may want that extra 2Ch.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
It's on order :) . Now for the hurry up and wait for everything to get here. Waiting on a component stand and my 2 PB-4000 subs as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis