Monitor Audio Silver Series Speakers Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Fresh for CEDIA 2013, Monitor Audio released their new Silver series loudspeaker lineup. Consisting of 8 different models, the Silver range is priced from the Silver 1 at $875/pair to the flagship Silver 10 Tower at $2,500/pair ($2,800 with premium finishes). What do you get for your hard earned cash? Keep reading to find out and check out our video preview of this very impressive bookshelf, towers, center and subwoofer lineup of speakers.

Discuss "Monitor Audio Silver Series Speakers Preview" here. Read the article.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
This First Look review seems more mixed to me - since there seems to be a
hinting at negatives, such as bass sacrifice and potential beaming. Now if the
1, 2 and 6 put out that type of bass, then that is positive to me > I for sure
would like to see a review of the 1, or 2 bookshelf with measurements.

Last edited:
S

seomarket

Enthusiast
Did you guys notice the interesting engineering on the woofer cones. Those bumps are likely designed to help re sound to your ears. Those bumps are not randomly placed but follow a very specific mathamatical formula called the golden ratio or fibonicci sequence. You see all energy in the universe follows this formula. The the length of your finger tip to every joint to your shoulder follows this formula. The way a wave curls in the ocean. The shape of a snail shell. The arrangement of seeds in a sunflower(which this closely resembles) all follow this concept. This company has some serious out of the box thinkers here as conventional education largely overlooks these concepts. I personally first learned about them when analizing trading patterns that occur in the stock market. Movements of stock prices are mostly representative of human emotion. So even the transitional phase one experiences from greed to fear also follows this ratio. If this ratio can make people money..then I say why can't it help us listen to music better :)

Last edited:
S

snfekf

Audiophyte
This is why I hate "previews!"

Although I understand the author's general concerns about the design of some of these, and the potential effect on sound, this preview (or any "preview") without actually listening and testing is pretty much a waste of time.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Monitor Audio makes good stuff - I am confident at this price point, that they
would address beaming issues in their design. Speculation for sure is free. >
Monitor Audio has good design engineers.

And yes, I would like to see more reviews with measurements.

Hi-Fi-Guy

Hi-Fi-Guy

Audioholic
There was never a review of any MA floorstander so far?

Meh..

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis