Monitor audio silver rs fx speaker?

J

Jeff5347

Audioholic
Curious if any of you guys have heard of this company or this model speaker. I can get them at a good price ($40) but not sure if they are more music or home theater related.
Looks like they were in production from 04-09.
https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/support/past-products/silver-rs/rsfx/

Would it be worth it to do the hr drive for them or just pass on them

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Monitor Audio is a well respected brand is all I can tell you. Silver is not their top line, but generally quite good from what I've read. Do you need this particular type of surround speaker, tho?

J

Jeff5347

Audioholic
I don't need the speakers. I just saw she posted them for sale and for 40 so I didn't know if an hour drive ( horrible drive) was worth it. Right now I have Athena AS B1 surrounds which sound great. I'm always on the lookout for a deal but didn't know if these were anything spectacular

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I’m not able to search for it now, but there was a review of MA Silvers as an HT rig... in general the Silver line reviews very well. I’ve auditioned the 300 and 500. Regardless, there were no real complaints about the FX, just mainly that it didn’t do anything to stand out in the crowd.
Do 40 as a pair, or each? If you want surrounds, do it. They retail much higher than that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis