Monitor Audio or SVS Subwoofer

H

hema8988

Audiophyte
Hi everyone. My dedicated HT room is measured as 14.17(L) x 12.2(W) x 8.79(H) feet. I want to add an additional sub woofer to my system.

I am tossing up between Monitor Audio monitor audio silver w12 and SVS SB-3000.

Can you please shed some light?

I am currently running 3 Montior Audio gold 4G for the front 3 channels. Surround and ceiling speakers are Swan Diva and existing sub woofer is Swan Diva Sub10D.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
SVS. Hands down. Or any of the other usual suspects... But having researched the MA Silver line really hard a year ago, I don't think their Silver Sub will cut it compared to anything from SVS, Hsu, Outlaw, Rythmik, Monolith...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd not necessarily add another sub to the Swan but rather replace it with a second identical sub in mind for later. Don't know much about MA subs but the little I see on the W12 seems a bir pricey for what it is.

H

hema8988

Audiophyte
Thanks heaps for your opinions. I will replace the Swan sub next year. Based on my room size, should I go with two SVS SB-3000 or two SB-2000?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Is that the entire room space or is it open? One SB3000 would already destroy a room that size.

H

hema8988

Audiophyte
Is that the entire room space or is it open? One SB3000 would already destroy a room that size.
Hi. It is a dedicated HT room that is separated from living area. I guess I should go with two SB-2000?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I would say based on ShadyJ's review, 2 SB-2000 Pros would be solid in a room that size. I have the SB-4000 in a very large room and it has no issues filling it at all.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis