Monitor Audio M4 vs Paradigm Monitor 7 vs Monitor Audio BX5

F

frodobalboa

Audiophyte
Hi folks,

My first post here. I've been searching for a great set of floor standers for under a $1000, to replace my BIC America DV-64s. I went to the local Magnolia Hi-Fi and heard the Monitor Audio BX-5s. Loved the sound from the BX-5s. The sales guy said that the M4s were running at 50% off. I got them for $137 ea! I hadn't heard them in the store but I figured that I'll bring it home and put it through the grind. I bought these speakers mainly to listen to music but also to watch movies. Right off the bat, the M4's bass response was wayyy better than my BIC towers. The high freq response is better too in my opinion. But, I am not too thrilled by the mid-freq response on the M4.
So, my mind is working over time now to see if there are other speakers out there that are better than both the MA M4s as well as the BIC DV-64s. I just auditioned the Paradigm Monitor 7s this morning. They were being driven by a Peachtree Audio amp. I currently own a Pio Elite VSX-30. My living room size is quite small, 15' X 18'. On one side of the living room, I've French Glass windows that open into the Patio. The bass response on the M4s is phenomenal! Although for music, it gets a bit overpowering. I do have a Dayton Audio sub (10") as well. I'm really looking for a good improvement in sound compared to the BICs/MA M4s. The MA RX-6/8 is above $1000 and out of my price range. Given my setup what are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis