Monitor Audio Gold C350 Centre Speaker Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
To some people, the center channel is arguably the most important speaker in a home theater system and I have to agree. Not only do the center channel reproduce sound effects, but it is also the one responsible of delivering clear and powerful dialogue which, to me, is the most important task of all. Monitor Audio is a company well known for their excellent audio products and they have announced their newest Gold Line of speakers which include the new Gold C350 Centre Speaker.
th41422096507MonitorAudioGoldC350Speakers.jpg

According to the company, the C350 is a no-compromise centre channel solution for serious home theater installations because of its three-way, four driver configuration. Twin bass drivers are tuned to work in its sealed cabinet producing frequencies from 40Hz to beyond 60 kHz. While I haven't heard the Gold line yet, I do know about this company's pedigree, so I suspect that this center channel will prove its ability to project crystal-clear dialogue and mid-range detail with authority. Time will tell. In the meantime, let me know what you think about this new addition!

FEATURES:
  • C-CAM® (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) ribbon transducer design – providing extension to a class leading 60KHz
  • Single bolt through driver fixings for improved bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
  • New C-CAM RST® (Rigid Surface Technology) bass/mid-range driver
  • Die-cast alloy terminal panel arrangement with high quality bi-wire terminals and high end spade type link cables
  • Pureflow® silver internal cabling
  • Selected premium quality wood veneer or high gloss lacquer finishes
  • Rigid 20mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet coloration
  • Invisible magnetic grille fixings provide a sleek visual effect.
SPECIFICATIONS:
  • System Format: 3-Way
  • Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 60 kHz
  • Sensitivity (1W@1M): 90 dB
  • Nominal Impedance (ohms): 8
  • Maximum SPL (dBA): 113.8
  • Power Handling RMS (W): 200
  • Recommended Amplifier Requirements (W): 100 - 200
  • Bass Alignment: Sealed Cabinet
  • Drive Unit Complement: 2 x 6-1/2" RST bass/mid-range driver / 1 x 4" RST mid-range driver / 1 x C-CAM H.F ribbon transducer
  • Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD): 254 x 581 x 333 mm
  • Complete Dimensions Including Terminals (HxWxD): 254 x 581 x 360 mm
  • Weight (each): 21lb. 12oz.
PRICE: (Standard Finish): $2,195.00 ea
(Piano Ebony Finish): $2,595.00 ea

akitared

akitared

Audiophyte
I recently bought the Gold 300 & Gold 350, have around 100 hours on them and they are simply amazing. For the longest time I was torn between Revel F208 & C208, took a 3 hour drive to audition them and was left feeling underwhelmed, I had Monitor Audio RS6, RS FX, RS LCR & RX1 in a 7.1 setup previously.
The Gold 300 & 350 were to replace my front 3, all I can say is WOW. That Ribbon tweeter is to die for!
Love them to pieces, no need for the fancy Ebony finish as the Walnut is just beautiful to look at. Very happy with my purchase. :)

D

Daniel Steixner

Enthusiast
Did anyone at Audioholics end up reviewing this center channel? I would be very interested in the feedback.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis