Monitor Audio Bronze W10 Subwoofer Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I don't know of you are like me, but I've always preferred to have at least two subs in my system. Have you ever experienced what it feels like having two bass units at the same time? I'm telling you, that chest pounding feeling can get pretty addictive making you want more and more, specially if it comes from quality subs. And speaking of subs; how much do you know about the W10 Subwoofer from Monitor Audio?
Bronze-W10-Rosemah-on-white.jpg
Bronze-W10-Rosemah-on-white-grille-on.jpg
Monitor Audio describes it as a sophisticated subwoofer that features an exclusive trinity of uprated amplifier topology, powerful DSP processing and new long-throw driver design. It has an advanced switch-mode power conversion technique, custom DSP tuning and a massive power reservoir which, again according to the company, combine to generate enormous dynamic headroom from the Class D power-pack, allowing the driver to drop low and punch hard without audible distortion.

The W10 features a down-firing 10” ABR (Auxiliary Bass Radiator). This radiator ensures that with the same compact footprint as its predecessor, the W10 will deliver an incredible 6dB greater SPL at 40Hz. Another cool feature found on the W10 are its pre-set EQ setting for music, movie or impact. If you have a small to medium room, the W10 Subwoofer should serve you well. But as I said when I started this overview: a pair of these subs will be ideal. Check it out and share your thoughts!

FEATURES:
  • Ultra long throw 10” driver featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone
  • 10” flat panel ABR (auxiliary bass driver) mounted on the bottom to augment low frequency extension and power handling
  • Powerful Class-D Amplifier delivering over 200W with low distortion
  • Switch Mode power supply, designed to deliver high continuous rating and provides the instantaneous delivery of high current when required
  • DSP processing with all control features and crossover performed in the digital domain
  • Three pre-set EQ mode settings (Music, Movie, Impact)
  • 12 volt trigger - provides switching control from AV amp, processor or home automation control system
  • 18mm thick MDF construction
  • Heavy cabinet bracing applied to provide stiff, low resonance cabinet
  • Premium quality vinyl veneer finishes
SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Low Frequency Limit: 30Hz
  • Upper Frequency Limit: 40-120Hz (Variable Low Pass filter)
  • Low Pass Filter Alignment: 12dB/ Octave variable + 12dB/ Octave Fixed @ 150Hz
  • Amplifier Output: 220W R.M.S
  • Amplifier Classification: Class D with Switch mode PSU
  • Drive Unit Complement: 1 x 10" C-CAM® Long throw subwoofer driver + 1 x 10” flat panel ABR
  • External Dimensions: (H x W x D): 12-5/8" x 12-5/8" x 13" /
  • 14-5/16" x 12-5/8" x 14-5/16" inches including grille amp & feet)
  • Input Impedance: 20kΩ
  • Standby power consumption: 0.5W (ErP approved)
  • Mains Input Voltage: 110-120 Vac - 50-60Hz / 220-240 Vac - 50-60Hz
  • Electronic auto-select
  • Weight: 28 lb. 6 oz.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis