Mobile Fidelity’s Digital Vinyl Debacle: Are your records really analog?

J

jeffca

Junior Audioholic
Quite interesting. A guy from an audio web site hasn't offered thoroughly non-truthful, opinionated info.

I'm quite taken aback. It happens so rarely.

Keep it up.

J

jeffca

Junior Audioholic
Taking hi-res digital and porting it to vinyl is directly equivalent to taking a Blu-ray disc and putting it on VHS tape. If you think you can hear the difference because of the source, you are fooling yourself.

Also, all of the points made about analog tape in the article are thoroughly valid.

Hi-res digital recordings were perfect to the human hearing system 20 years ago. They are even better now with the latest equipment. That is a fact.

Compared to most animals, humans' ability to hear is not very good. Sorry about your lousy hearing.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I read the article and really liked it. Some great points were made.

Although I'm a "better performing medium is always better" kind of a guy, I still think a fraud is a fraud is a fraud.

Some might say it's a lesser fraud to give someone something better than they expected and I might agree that on a fraud scale it probably is. Still all frauds should be way below the bar and shouldn't be allowed.

If you claim you're offering a product that is a result of an entire chain being analogue, provide exactly that or clearly state where it wasn't.

Just advertise it for what it is.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis