Mix Monitor Audio and Kef for Atmos setup?

D

depechefan

Audioholic
Hi,

New to this forum so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question :)

I have a 7.1 setup which consists of components from the Monitor Audio Silver series (newest generation). I want to add height speakers built into my ceiling. I've been looking at the Monitor Audio c265-idc but mounting depth is 15 cm and I would ideally like it to be 10 cm or less. I've seen the KEF CI160QR being recommended and that seems to be around 10 cm deep.

I'm wondering if the KEFs will be a good match for the MAs? Timbre frequently comes up in these discussions but many people also say that this is less important for Atmos speakers...

Thoughts and experiences are most welcome.

/M

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hi,

New to this forum so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question :)

I have a 7.1 setup which consists of components from the Monitor Audio Silver series (newest generation). I want to add height speakers built into my ceiling. I've been looking at the Monitor Audio c265-idc but mounting depth is 15 cm and I would ideally like it to be 10 cm or less. I've seen the KEF CI160QR being recommended and that seems to be around 10 cm deep.

I'm wondering if the KEFs will be a good match for the MAs? Timbre frequently comes up in these discussions but many people also say that this is less important for Atmos speakers...

Thoughts and experiences are most welcome.

/M
The Monoitor in-ceiling speakers are probably no more timbre matched with the Silver series than the KEF in ceiling speakers. The KEFs are probably fine for Atmos height speakers. I wouldn't sweat over it too much.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Agree, for Atmos, timbre matching doesn't need to be that big of a concern.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis