Mitsubishi 50803 HD 1080 INPUT?

S

Sport73

I have an older HDTV-ready monitor from Mitsubishi; the 50803 model.

It uses the 5 BNC connection for HD input that is labeled as RGB+HV. Any chance a standard DirecTV HD Receiver from the likes of Samsung etc. with an RGB output can be input into this TV using a conversion cable? There are several RGB(15 pin) to 5-BNC cables out there, and I'd love to get another year out of my old set by being able to watch HD today.

The only method of HD input I know FOR SURE works is the off-air HD-1080 receiver that I have. Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
If the TV can't handle HD over component, but you know it takes HD off of RGBHV, then any HD receiver that outputs RGBHV HD will work for you.

More to the point: The Sony SAT-HD100/200 (300?) will work for you. Most HD receivers do not include a DB-15 output (RGBHV). But, those that do will work for you. Oh, and yes, the DB-15 to 5 RCA coverter cable is exactly what you need to do this with.

This is similar to plasma displays that have 5 BNC inputs (RGBHV) and you hook a computer up to those by using that adapater cable.

Here is the adapter you want - you may need BNC to RCA adapaters as well:
http://www.extron.com/product/product.asp?id=15hdbnc5mc&subtype=58

Votrax

Votrax

Audioholic
Speaking of RGBHV. Does anyone know if the picture quality is noticably better over the component inputs?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Picture quality would be worse over component inputs technically. Component has to do more work to produce RGBHV - the horizontal and vertical sync must be included within the component cable which allows for the (very slight) possibility of additional interference into your image.

But, because HDTV is not as bandwidth intensive as say, a 1600x1200 computer signal, then you can pretty much be assured that you have enough bandwidth over 3 cables to provide 1080i or 720p content.

At some point, it may not be enough though.

S

Sport73

Thanks for your help!

I suspected this might work but have only been able to confirm (from other posts) that an old RCA HDTV receiver with RGB output worked using this method. Presumably, if it worked so would any other with an RGB input.

The 'specs' for the VS-50803 digital TV input are:

Input-DTV is compatible with RGB with separate horizontal and vertical synchronization signals with a scanning rate of 1080i at 30Hz. 5BNC Cabling.

Don't know if this helps to CONFIRM the situation, but I've ordered the necessary cable and will likely take the plunge on a Receiver with RGB output (like the Samsung) as well...Cross your fingers.

Votrax

Votrax

Audioholic
If you take the plunge let us know how the picture quality looks. I'm in the market for a satelite receiver with RGBHV out for my Mitsubishi TV also.

U

Unregistered

Will do. Cable should arrive this week, and I'm going to get DirecTV out to install the receiver and OTA antenna for their HD service.

I will report on the success and picture quality ASAP.

Horacio V.

Audiophyte
Hd 1080 Input

I have the same model vs-50803, great hd, you have to buy from Mitsubishi, Adapter, RGB-CV10, comes with evertything that you need, you won't be sorry, great tv.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis