M

Mdrucke1

Audiophyte
I moved into a new home. There is a media room that was set up for 5.1. The rear L/R speakers were gone, but the seller left the surround speaker wires. They are quite heavy duty and on the amp end they have what appears to be a termination module that says MIT44. It looks like the following:
16E8628D-0FB9-4885-ADC2-6E984F4BAF50.jpeg

My surround speakers don’t work. All other speakers do. Does anyone know what these modules are and what they’re for?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
MIT is mostly a bullshit speaker wire seller selling on a pseudo-science basis. They have some sort of zobel network in the box IIRC. They generally are silly expensive, too. Not sure if they "fail" or if these are some of their battery powered units....but the wire itself is likely fine outside of the box. Or can you run new wire easily? You might look around their site for info on yours....I did briefly but got disgusted with all the bullshit and had to get out of there! :) https://mitcables.com/

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
I think that box on those MIT44 cables is for bi wiring. One set coming out is for the lows and the other is for the mids and highs. I think that's how they used to be.
How many wires are in the black cable of wires ? That should tell you.
You could just cut the box out of the equation and it should work fine.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think that box on those MIT44 cables is for bi wiring. One set coming out is for the lows and the other is for the mids and highs. I think that's how they used to be.
How many wires are in the black cable of wires ? That should tell you.
You could just cut the box out of the equation and it should work fine.
I think you're right....was more looking at the box that what was exiting :)

A pic I saved from someone who opened an MIT AVT3 box at one point....look at that quality glue glob! :)

Attachments

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic

A pic I saved from someone who opened an MIT AVT3 box at one point....look at that quality glue glob! :)
Yep, that's some quality stuff there. LOL I can't believe people actually fall for those MIT cable scams.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

Yeah, that screams 'High end!". If they don't want people to see what's in there, they should fill it with epoxy. It would add weight, too- we all know that if it's heavier, it must be better.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Does this help?

Ask the electrons which they prefer and when you hear no answer, use whatever works.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis