S

singhal2

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>I have recently bought the yamaha RXV640 reciever and have been researching for speakers,and have narrowed down to Mission 72i vs the infinity alpha series,mainly because these fit my budget and where i live(in Oman) there aren't too many brands like paradigm etc available,or shd i go with the booze am10 series.......another thing,the frequency response of the mission 72i is from 56hz to 20 khz,shdnt the frequency response be from 20hz to 20 khz for the lower frequencies to be heard well
Please help as i am a beginner,.........
singhal2</font>

<font color='#000080'>Stay away from the B0ze speakers if you can, ubless you really like the sound. Be sure to A/B speakers at equal volume - louder is NOT better.

Every speaker has a low range cutoff, where the speaker can no longer reproduce those frequencies. Each speaker is different. To get lower frequencies you generally add a subwoofer.

Inexpensive bookshelf-style speakers will frequently only go down to around 50-60Hz, so the speakers you are looking at are not atypical.</font>

S

singhal2

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>i agree that i need to HEAR and COMPARE the speakers at equal volume,i need help in dciding which speakers to go with,the mission or the booze......

singhal2</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Apart from Mission try JBL Studio series and Yamaha's own offerings like NS-200/300/555/777 and the NS-HX series.</font>

D

Drad

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Hi,
regarding to my experience Mission speakers mate exellent with Yamaha electronics. So this would be a safe choice. Infinity speakers mate good with Sony and Harman Kardon amps.
I agree with the opinion that you should avoid booze (or as you named them: &quot;Booze&quot;) speakers if you are serious about your listening. For movies and background music they are fine but for &quot;serious&quot; listening they aren't anyway near the optimal choice.
Also, don't worry too much about the frequency response (on the paper). Listen and if you want more bass buy bigger speakers. It's not only about how deep the bass goes, the room will (should) be the determining factor of the speaker dimensions.
Just my 2 cents...
Hope this helps.
Cheers!</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis