Mission Speakers - No Model Identifier

S

Sal91762

Audiophyte
I picked up a pair of Mission bookshelf speakers (black) from a local thrift store... $15. The Missions came with an older (full-size) Denon receiver and CD player which I didn't purchase.

The speakers may have originally come with one of the older Denon mini-systems, can't be sure as they are kinda large for a mini-system.

In one speaker apparently a coil?? was bouncing around. So, I took it to Speaker City, Burbank, CA. It was an easy, low cost fix. Great guys.

Specs: 12" high, 7" deep, 7" wide. Woofer 4.5", Tweeter 1.5". Six smallish, rectangular ports on the backside. Black plastic enclosure and frame, wood veneer with pressboard. Made in England.

I've owned a pair of Mission 77i??? from late 90's. Just wondering about these, how they compare to regular Missions. Unfortunately, I now live in smaller place and am unable to appreciate anything decent. Thoughts?

S

Sal91762

Audiophyte
Sorry...

My camera died some time ago and I've been procrastinating about buying another... so I can't provide any pics at the moment. Can you help otherwise? Thanks.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
My camera died some time ago and I've been procrastinating about buying another... so I can't provide any pics at the moment. Can you help otherwise? Thanks.
Most modern cell phones have cameras - try to take your best image with it, upload it to photobucket. post url here.

I know under x post you can't posts urls or add attachments, but without photos helping you would be impossible.

S

Sal91762

Audiophyte
Photos not permitted, yet...

I now have some photos uploaded to Photobucket as suggested. But the forum won't permit me to provide links until there are more responses.

In any event the speakers are not the M30i or the 8VET305... 6 Ohm as pictured on the eBay links.

I need more chatter so that I can provide the Photobucket links. Many thanks!

S

Sal91762

Audiophyte
Update on unlabeled Mission bookshelfs...

By meandering other online forums, I inadvertently found some info that led to the background and lack of model identifier of these bookshelfs. They are unlabeled Mission 731i speakers and shipped with the Denon D-M10 system in the late 90's. Thoughts?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis