Mission loudspeakers

N

not_me

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I read a review once aboutthis 5.1 set (m53,m5c,m5ds,m5as)
that was very much in favor of the set.
i forgot about it because i did't look for new speakers at the time.
recentley i started reading reviews and i found these ones again bolth on a magazine and on the net and they were again praised.
i don't know much about mission and their speakers so i was looking 4 an advice (as allways
).
anyone with experience regarding the set and who wants to help me is sure welcomed!
THANKS!
P.S. if you have other sugestions of 5.1 sets (aprox 2000 euros) feel free to share them ...</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Whatever you do, dont mate the Mission to any receiver/amp from Yamaha, a real bad combo which brings out the worst in both.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Thats a bummer. I have mission 765's that are running on a yamaha Natural sound 800u amp and stereo controll amp cx800u.

Maybe thats why i've blown three sets of tweeters in the last 10 months.

I get this high sort of feedback scrreetch wich the volume knob has no effect on, then its ringing ears and smelling smoke, tweeters gone. Any ideas?

Any one?
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Stevo,

If you are blowing tweeters, have your amp checked and even the speaker crossovers, looks like your amp is passing DC at some stage.

I have a 15 year old NS-1000x which has been played almost daily by the montrous Yamaha MX-1000U and till today, no problems.

I guess the berrilyum tweeters and mids are really indestructible.</font>

N

not_me

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>wow... My duo is ruined! i never thought that there could be serious problems because the Yamaha rx-v2400 and 1400 look great on paper and so do the speakers ... (besides that they don't reach below 28hz) . i never got to listen to them in this combiniation and i never found reviews of the two in the same sistem. that beeing said i would rather discard the mission speakers than the yamaha so what loudspeakers would you recomend (5.1 system , 2000$ max)??
thanks 4 the VERY precious advice!</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis