G

<font color='#000000'>I am not an expert on speakers, HT or the various products available to the public. &nbsp;
My questions surrounds API's Mirage speaker division and their flagship speaker line up, the OM series.

Based on what I have read from the Mirage web site the (NRC) Psycho-Acoustic Research Study was the basis for the Omnipolar design and development.

I replaced my Energy 22.3's with the OM-5 and they work great for HT and 2 channel music. &nbsp; There seems to be people who hate the OM series or love them. &nbsp;The reviews which trash the Omnipolar design like the direct sound path due to &quot;clearer highs&quot;. &nbsp;I personally can't make out a huge difference other then the sweet spot is no longer available to one listener. &nbsp;Since my basement is where my family watches movies the listening pleasure is shared by all even when one is sitting on the side wall and not just me in the middle of the room. &nbsp;

My decision to purchase the OM-5 over the Energy Veritas 2.4 was not an easy choice. &nbsp;A&amp;B Sound is not where I buy equipment. &nbsp;The final reason was the increased sweet spot and I felt the sound was of the same quality as the V2.4.

Having said this why does the (Omnipolar) design create such a hot debate between the 2 schools of thought? &nbsp;

I love the base cababilites of the OM-5's!! &nbsp;

Any thoughts?

C</font>

J

jazz_king

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I had a chance to listen to the Mirage OM 7 and 9 series at Hi-fi Buys the other day and what a treat. &nbsp;They had the opening scene from Gladiator playing. &nbsp;This was their hookup:

Yamaha RX-V2400 receiver
Denon DVD-2900
Mirage OM-7 fronts as well as the matching center channel and surrounds.

The sound was incredible. &nbsp;The Yamaha had more then enough power for these speakers. &nbsp;The highs nearly crackled my ears, and the room was literally shaking. &nbsp;I was in awe.

Just writing this makes me want to run out and by a pair of the OM-7's. &nbsp;For $1300 a/pr not bad speakers at all.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis