Mirage speakers m 790s

J

jamie2112

Banned
I am looking at buying a pair of mirage m 790s and a pair of m 290s for about 140 for both. Is this a good deal?

F

flippo

Full Audioholic
Mirage

I for one really like the Mirage sound. If the speakers are in good shape I'd say yes. Look at www.miragespeakers.com and look under classic products to find out more about them. Hope I helped.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Thanks much

Thank you much for your input, I am new to hi end audio and am not sure if mirage is good or sapphire st2s thanks for your help.

P

Pat D

Audioholic
Should be a good deal.

I am looking at buying a pair of mirage m 790s and a pair of m 290s for about 140 for both. Is this a good deal?
If they're in good shape, yes, I'd say it was a very, very good deal. $140 would be a fair price just for a pair of 290s, very good for a pair of 790s. All four--go for it, assuming you like the speakers. The Mirage 90 series is fairly old, bipolars. I can't remember just how old, but the ones I heard were quite nice.

J

Jacksmyname

Audioholic
I have a pair of Mirage M760's that I bought back in 1989. I'm still using them, and they still sound terrific. They've also held up amazing well; no deteriorzation/flaking, etc. at all on the drivers. I also have 4 M260's in the same condition; literally like new.
I've been thinking about replacing the 760's with something new, but so far I've held off as I'm still very pleased with them.I use them for HT and for music with a Mirage S12 sub.
If you can, pull the front covers and inspect the drivers, and of course listen.
These are old models, but if the one's you're looking at have held up like mine have, they should sound fine.

Jack

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis