Mirage Omni 150 Bookshelf Speakers

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Do you know much about these?
I could not find them on the Mirage site (even under "view older models")
http://www.miragespeakers.com/products/

I like my Mirage OMD-5's, but the omni-directional aspect is a different animal. They are smaller sealed model compared to the Omni150.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Do you know much about these?
I could not find them on the Mirage site (even under "view older models")
http://www.miragespeakers.com/products/

I like my Mirage OMD-5's, but the omni-directional aspect is a different animal. They are smaller sealed model compared to the Omni150.
I use to own them - not real good for front channel use, as the imaging
can be vague and you miss a good central stage - the bass is also some
what boomy and muddy.

However, they can work out nice as surrounds or even garage speakers.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The OMD 5 didn't have the boomy bass issue, but I agree on the omni sound. It sounds great for something like violin (which is not too directional), but not quite right for trumpet (which is directional).
They are my surrounds, but I still occasionally play them in stereo just because I enjoy their expansive soundstage (but at the expense of imaging).

Georgel

Georgel

Audioholic
Mirage has made some pretty majestic sounding speakers in the past.I had a pair of the m-3 bipolar`s ,had to sell them when I moved.The spacious sound blew me away, still my all time favorites.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The OMD 5 didn't have the boomy bass issue, but I agree on the omni sound. It sounds great for something like violin (which is not too directional), but not quite right for trumpet (which is directional).
They were trying to get too much bass out of the ported 5-1/4" woofer for the Omni 150.

The OMD-5 has the better woofer and is sealed - which would/should have more clean bass.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Does anyone know if Mirage is still designing new products? Or are they just maintaining production of the pre-Klipsch designs (which seems to be what Klipsch is doing with Energy).
I'm glad they are offering the old designs because they are good products and they have really cut the costs to make them v. good products for the price (if you catch them on sale).
At the same time, the fact is they did design good (and innovative with the omnidirectional design) speakers and it is a shame not have new items from them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis