Mirage OM-6 storage unit find

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
It’s no secret that I absolutely love Mirage speakers. I found a guy who bought an old storage unit and had a pair of OM-6’s new old stock in the factory sealed boxes. Needless to say I jumped on it and brought them home for $150. Retail was $3000 in 98 or so. Each has a front and rear firing 5.5” midrange and 1” pure titanium hybrid tweeter (shared amongst the entire OM, Omni and OMD series) with dual 8” subwoofer drivers in the bottom section powered by a 200 watt/600 watt peak amplifier.

Attachments

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
It’s no secret that I absolutely love Mirage speakers. I found a guy who bought an old storage unit and had a pair of OM-6’s new old stock in the factory sealed boxes. Needless to say I jumped on it and brought them home for $150. Retail was $3000 in 98 or so. Each has a front and rear firing 5.5” midrange and 1” pure titanium hybrid tweeter (shared amongst the entire OM, Omni and OMD series) with dual 8” subwoofer drivers in the bottom section powered by a 200 watt/600 watt peak amplifier.
But how does it sound? Are use impressed with them?

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
But how does it sound? Are use impressed with them?
They are phenomenal. Running them off a Carver AV705x. Great midrange and clarity and with the sub gains turned down to 5-6 it’s an excellent balanced sound with great on and off axis performance. I just ordered a Marantz SR6015 to replace my aging Denon x4300h so once that arrives I’ll do a more in depth analysis of them with REW and a MultiEQ-X frequency limited calibration

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis