Minnesota...the honesty state

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Well, you have to love those Minnesotans. First they turn a guy who makes a living fake fighting into a governor. Now they've really gotten it right by hiring a jokester as their senator. Finally...people properly trained to be politicians!

:rolleyes:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I like Al Franken. I don't know if he's qualified to be a Governor. But it's just Minnesota, so who cares?

It came down to 312 votes. That's crazy.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Well, you have to love those Minnesotans. First they turn a guy who makes a living fake fighting into a governor. Now they've really gotten it right by hiring a jokester as their senator. Finally...people properly trained to be politicians!

:rolleyes:
lol. The fighting is still very dangerous.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Anyone can be a politician. Who's a worse choice the former athlete or the former comedian who has written books on politics and has taken part in political debates?

-pat

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Lest we forget that this "jokester" is a Harvard alumni who graduated with honors with a BA in the political science. Certainly this does not make him qualified, but it certainly is something that fits the resume.

If anyone is curious they should follow how that election went down... see how it started, who was involved in the recount process and how it went from one side winning to the other. Very educational. This country (and our political system) is a very different place than it was several decades back and I'm not sure we will ever return.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Al Franken... is just Michael Moore, with a bath, hair cut and a suit.
Who knew there was so much money to be made in the 'Half-Truth and Propaganda' business?:D

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
I like Al Franken. I don't know if he's qualified to be a Governor. But it's just Minnesota, so who cares?

It came down to 312 votes. That's crazy.

It was a senate race. And since I live in MN, I care.

Norm Coleman, Al Frankin, Jessie Ventura, Michelle Bachman…bottom feeding dregs of society elected to high office. As for Norm vs. Al, it was a real toss-up – they both suck equally, but in different ways. Never liked either of them, so it didn’t really matter much to me how it turned out.

There is speculation that Coleman conceded in lieu of making a run for the governorship, since Pawlenty (also a major political loser) isn’t seeking re-election. Some thought he would be McCain’s running mate, and there’s speculation he will run for president in 2012. God help us all

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Lest we forget that this "jokester" is a Harvard alumni who graduated with honors with a BA in the political science. Certainly this does not make him qualified, but it certainly is something that fits the resume.
Confirmed. Just looked him up in the POST Harvard system. Class of 73, but not a very good alumni as he isn't even registered with POST :eek: Obama is registered.

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
We had the same sort of thing happen in the governors race in Washington state, 2 elections ago. There was a winner on election night but just by a few hundred votes. He wins the recount, they recount again. He wins the next recount, they recount again. Third recount, all the counties have reported but the biggest and most liberal, there is an anouncement of exactly how many votes the loser of the other 2 recounts needs to win, and what do you know....They magically find enough votes (not found in the other 2 recounts) to put the loser over the top by a few votes. End of story, the lib wins. No more recounts.
How come when the one guy won, they had to recount 3 times but the lib wins once, that's it, end of all recounts, she's the Gov?
Something's fishy around here. Have you seen them tossing the salmon?
Wait....that's not what I was getting at.:D

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
We had the same sort of thing happen in the governors race in Washington state, 2 elections ago. There was a winner on election night but just by a few hundred votes. He wins the recount, they recount again. He wins the next recount, they recount again. Third recount, all the counties have reported but the biggest and most liberal, there is an anouncement of exactly how many votes the loser of the other 2 recounts needs to win, and what do you know....They magically find enough votes (not found in the other 2 recounts) to put the loser over the top by a few votes. End of story, the lib wins. No more recounts.
How come when the one guy won, they had to recount 3 times but the lib wins once, that's it, end of all recounts, she's the Gov?
Something's fishy around here. Have you seen them tossing the salmon?
Wait....that's not what I was getting at.:D
guess who spearheaded Frankens recount;)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I have done some of my best drinking in MN but I wouldn't want to live there....
It was a senate race. And since I live in MN, I care.

Norm Coleman, Al Frankin, Jessie Ventura, Michelle Bachman…bottom feeding dregs of society elected to high office. As for Norm vs. Al, it was a real toss-up – they both suck equally, but in different ways. Never liked either of them, so it didn’t really matter much to me how it turned out.

There is speculation that Coleman conceded in lieu of making a run for the governorship, since Pawlenty (also a major political loser) isn’t seeking re-election. Some thought he would be McCain’s running mate, and there’s speculation he will run for president in 2012. God help us all

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
I have done some of my best drinking in MN but I wouldn't want to live there....
I live in Wisconsin a few miles from MN, I just use MN for employment.

Actually, living so close to the Twin Cities area we only get their local channels, so we end up knowing way more whats going on there than in our home state, which is kind of sad actually.
Excuse me while I go look up who our governor is...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I have also done some of my best drinking in WI.:D
I live in Wisconsin a few miles from MN, I just use MN for employment.

Actually, living so close to the Twin Cities area we only get their local channels, so we end up knowing way more whats going on there than in our home state, which is kind of sad actually.
Excuse me while I go look up who our governor is...

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
If anyone is curious they should follow how that election went down... see how it started, who was involved in the recount process and how it went from one side winning to the other. Very educational. This country (and our political system) is a very different place than it was several decades back and I'm not sure we will ever return.
Clint- I think you're idealizing the way things "used to be". Things are the same as they always have been- the difference is that the people know more today than they ever have.

Would two known philanderers (FDR & Ike) have gotten elected in 2008 the same way they got elected in the 30s/40s/50s? Probably not.

Is there anyway the 1960 election and the infamous "chicago ballots" would not be reviewed by the Supreme Court today? Probably not.

Could you imagine the Watergate investigation taking 2 years today with Nixon being allowed to stay in office? No way in hell.

The institutions that enable the political process in this country are and always have been "corrupt" to some extent, we just know more about it now because of the way news is reported and the access that the common man has today.

Congress has one of the lowest approval ratings in history, and has for a number of years, because we now know more about the inner-workings of Congress than we ever did before. The people who served in Congress weren't any more righteous 30-50 years ago than their counterparts today (watch/read Charlie Wilson's war for a great example), they were just able to hide it.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
It was a senate race. And since I live in MN, I care.l
Hey Craig. Sorry, I didn't mean to demean your state. I was just being a jackass. I tend to do that sometimes. Don't take it personal.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis