Microsoft Introducing $99 Xbox Live Gold Family Plan

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Microsoft Introducing $99 Xbox Live Gold Family Plan

Pack will include four Xbox Live Gold accounts, special parental setting features.
By Steve Watts, 06/22/2010

Microsoft is working hard to rebrand the Xbox 360 as a family-friendly entertainment hub this fall, and as part of the effort will start offering a family pack of Gold memberships. Major Nelson gives word that starting this November, Microsoft will offer a family plan that includes four Xbox Live Gold memberships for $99.99. In addition to the value of extra Gold accounts, the family plan includes a "Family Center" menu. This will allow parents to access content restrictions and activity reports on Xbox.com. The primary account holder can also buy and distribute points, and get access to exclusive family content and discounts. Microsoft is also planning on updating the Family Settings in November, to allow parents to filter out video and game content by rating. The new settings will also allow permissions for particular games that parents find acceptable.

Microsoft is fighting a war on two fronts now. The emphasis on family play and motion faces the company squarely against Nintendo's casual dominance, while Sony's PlayStation Plus is creating competition in what qualifies as paid features. This move could be a shot across the bow of both camps, offering more family features while also creating a steep discount for those who want multiple Gold memberships.

Source: 1up

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I'd rather they just sold a 4-pack bundle like steam does so you can split the costs with friends :D

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe you still could use it like that, but I guess time will tell. This would really work well if I could split the cost with 3 other people.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I'll look into seeing if it can be used like that/wait for some other group of people to try it out and see if it's restricted to 1 ip or something.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis