Microphone help needed

T

taxineil

Audiophyte
Hi,newbie here.While being on lock down I've been trying all sorts of things I wouldn't normally be doing.One of these is Zoom meetings,the mic I had was awful so I got one off ebay.The problem I have is the description of it made it sound like you could use it straight out the box,but you cant,you need some sort of receiving station.Its quite a good mic' and rather than ship it back I'm wondering if there is a work around that would enable me to just plug it into my PC-an adaptor of some sort similar maybe to Bluetooth?
The mic' is an Anchor UHF handheld series WH-7000US.
Hope you can help.Thanks

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi,newbie here.While being on lock down I've been trying all sorts of things I wouldn't normally be doing.One of these is Zoom meetings,the mic I had was awful so I got one off ebay.The problem I have is the description of it made it sound like you could use it straight out the box,but you cant,you need some sort of receiving station.Its quite a good mic' and rather than ship it back I'm wondering if there is a work around that would enable me to just plug it into my PC-an adaptor of some sort similar maybe to Bluetooth?
The mic' is an Anchor UHF handheld series WH-7000US.
Hope you can help.Thanks
That is a UHF stage/auditorium mic. It is totally unsuitable for your purposes. You need a UHF radio receiver and a license to use it. Those mics are designed for mix panels with UHF receivers like you see in churches and theaters.

What you need is a USB mic.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
That is a wireless mic, so yes it needs a receiver. The output from the receiver could connect to your computer.

I’m familiar with pro audio, and I’ve never seen a wireless mic sold without the receiver.

If you can find the appropriate receiver, it’s going to cost you another $2-300 minimum. Therefore I’d suggest cutting your losses return the mic.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

T

taxineil

Audiophyte
Thanks for your replies,I got the mic' for £40 and I'm told its worth more,any idea how much I should sell it for or should I just return it.No idea at all about them.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
for Zoom meeting, USB microphones are the way to go.
We got a Blue Snowball iCE USB Condenser Microphone for my wife's many Zoom meetings.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis