D

DCROSS

Audiophyte
Anyone using media server for your dvd,s playstation games with your current system , and what systems are out there

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
I was looking at the lg lm-519. I've heard the video output isn't as good as expected, but that's hearsay. It's got a lot going for it, harddrive, dvd recorder, free tv guide, and it's lan and wireless network accesible. It can play your stored media if you have windows media as your operating system and vice versa.

I just want to hear from someone who has owns one.

Now I bought a d-link media server, don't get it. It has to be connected by lan to play without lag, and even then it didn't bring up the media always, even though it was playing 10 mins before.

drunkmunk

drunkmunk

Junior Audioholic
cheap media server

i use a modded xbox as a media server. if you run XBMC software on one it will stream music with playlist (mp3, ogg, wav, wma, flac) or video with video upconversion to 720p and 1080i (divx, xvid, quicktime and wmv and wm9) all from your pc either wirelessly or networked. and with the hd kit provides digital interface with your receiver. also checks the weather for you. not to mention that if you upgrade the hard drive you can back up your games to the hard drive and never have to bother getting up to put in game disks.;)

D

DCROSS

Audiophyte
How Many Dvds Or Cd Or Even Games Can Be Store In The Server At One Time , Depending On Storage Space Like Maybe 330 Gb

T

thoward4444

Audioholic Intern
Windows Media Center

I am using Windows Media Center. I make "copies" of my DVD's and save them to the hard drive using DVD Decryptor. You have to rename the VOB file with an mp2 extension, then i can stream it over to my XBox 360 (functioning as a Media Center Extender). You get dolby digital 5.1, but Media Center does not support DTS yet (Vista should add that support). It works great, not to mention support for music, pictures, and home control.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis