The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Sheep said:
You can also use this article to find out ways to put a child through a television... :rolleyes:
Aha! A clue to why Sheep turned out the way he did...
(no smiley for you Mr. Sheep, I'm dead serious...)

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sheep said:
You don't have to protect it, you just have to get the thought of touching it out of your kids head.

Heres a self-help article which should help you acheive this goal.
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=beat

Duff,

You can also use this article to find out ways to put a child through a television... :rolleyes:

SheepStar
Very funny Sheep. Unfortunately I live in California and that type of humor can land you in jail. :eek:

But I use shock therapy for my kids. I put the electric dog collar on them and if they get too close to my speakers I zap them. It works great. :rolleyes:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
EDIT: Big misunderstanding. Chukker fooled me. PAC.

SheepStar

Last edited:
Duffinator

Duffinator

Sheep said:
Duff,

I'm glad to see you got the joke. SheepStar
I forgot to mention that the best part of shock therapy is it doesnt' leave any evidence!

W

westcott

Audioholic General
You can still read the name of my father's almamata off of the top of my head!:eek:

Duffinator

Duffinator

Update

Thought I would update my AV systems since I've been spending more time here lately. I've missed you guys. ;) Plus I bought a HD DVD player as well. Here it is:

Home Theater
Denon AVR 3805
Denon POA-2800 powering the Fronts
Monitor Audio S6's Fronts
Monitor Audio SLCR Center
Monitor Audio Radius 90 Surrounds
SVS PB12-ISD Subwoofer
Toshiba 56H80 HDTV
Toshiba HD A2 HD DVD Player
Sony DVPNC80V SACD/CD/DVD player used only for audio
DirecTV HD DVR HR20-100
Hauppauge MediaMVP Digital Media Player Networked to PC (Soon to be an Apple TV)
Home Theater Master MX 500 Remote
Niles OS-10 Patio Speakers
ADCOM ACE-515 Power Conditioner
Bluejeans Cable, Monster Cable, and DIY Interconnects
DVI Gear HDMI Cable
Belden 12 ga. DIY Speaker Cable

Master Bedroom
Sharp 45" LCD LC45GD5U
DirecTV HD DVR HR20-100
Sony DVP-NS700P DVD Player

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Thought I would update my AV systems since I've been spending more time here lately. I've missed you guys. ;) Plus I bought a HD DVD player as well. Here it is:

Home Theater
Denon AVR 3805
SVS PB12-ISD Subwoofer
Toshiba 56H80 HDTV
DirecTV HD DVR HR20-100
Hauppauge MediaMVP Digital Media Player Networked to PC (Soon to be an Apple TV)
DVI Gear HDMI Cable

Master Bedroom
Sharp 45" LCD LC45GD5U
DirecTV HD DVR HR20-100
Congratulations! Hope you are enjoying the HD player. I assume price drove you toward HD DVD.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Congratulations! Hope you are enjoying the HD player. I assume price drove you toward HD DVD.
That had a lot to do with it. I've always had my toe across the line in the HD camp because it would be less expensive. I doubt you can tell the difference while watching either a BD or HD movie so why not go with the less expensive format? The A2 does a great job of playing regular DVD's as well.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
That had a lot to do with it. I've always had my toe across the line in the HD camp because it would be less expensive. I doubt you can tell the difference while watching either a BD or HD movie so why not go with the less expensive format? The A2 does a great job of playing regular DVD's as well.
I agree. If you are going to risk your money, might as well risk less of it should things never work out. Secrets of Home Theater gives the new players better and better scores for SD playback, as well. Worse case scenario, you still have a very good SD player.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Updated

I just added an AppleTV to the HT. :D

Home Theater
Denon AVR 3805
SVS PB12-ISD Subwoofer
Toshiba 56H80 HDTV
DirecTV HD DVR HR20-100
AppleTV Digital Media Player Networked to PC
DVI Gear HDMI Cable

Master Bedroom
Sharp 45" LCD LC45GD5U
DirecTV HD DVR HR20-100

Last edited:
Duffinator

Duffinator

New Dedicated Two Channel Room

I'm mainly posting these for RMK but here's my DIY JBL ZD 007 speakers. I recently moved and now have a dedicated two channel room. The green room is the new house. What you are looking are are JBL 2452H-SL 4" titanium dome aquaplas coated compression drivers with JBL PT-F95HF composite waveguides, with vintage JBL LE14A 14" LF drivers with custom built Zilch designed xovers. Both speakers are mirror imaged even down to the xover layout on the boards. The cabinets are modified Barzilay cabinets sitting on a 2x4 subframe with JBL stiletto legs from the 60's. The badges are also JBL late 50's early 60's vintage.

Last edited:
rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Those modded JBL's are very cool Rick, nice job!:cool:. I'd love to hear them some time. I think a GTG is needed.;)

I'm mainly posting these for RMK but here's my DIY JBL ZD 007 speakers. I recently moved and now have a dedicated two channel room. The green room is the new house. What you are looking are are JBL 2452H-SL 4" titanium dome aquaplas coated compression drivers with JBL PT-F95HF composite waveguides, with vintage JBL LE14A 14" LF drivers with custom built Zilch designed xovers. Both speakers are mirror imaged even down to the xover layout on the boards. The cabinets are modified Barzilay cabinets sitting on a 2x4 subframe with JBL stiletto legs from the 60's. The badges are also JBL late 50's early 60's vintage.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Those modded JBL's are very cool Rick, nice job!:cool:. I'd love to hear them some time. I think a GTG is needed.;)
Yep and thanks. Looks like you are also headed down the compression driver with large woofer speakers path as well. I never really cared for horns but the latest technology eliminates the colorization normally associated with more traditional horns like vintage JBL, Altec, and Klipsch.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
Yep and thanks. Looks like you are also headed down the compression driver with large woofer speakers path as well. I never really cared for horns but the latest technology eliminates the colorization normally associated with more traditional horns like vintage JBL, Altec, and Klipsch.
Yes I am. I am now of the mind that with speakers (perhaps even more than subs) driver size matters.

Where did you get that rack? I'm looking for one about 4' tall.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis