Medal of Honor Pulled From Military Stores

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Medal of Honor has been pulled from Gamestops located on U.S Military Bases and the PXs wont have it in stock either, the commanding general of the Army and Airforce Exchange Services requested that GameStop pull MoH from their stores located on U.S Military Bases due to fact it allows players to play as a Taliban character.

Source: Kotaku

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Including a taliban character in the game is in poor taste IMHO, not sure they should have pulled the game over it though.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
meh, the bxs at all the bases i've been too have always had terrible selections of games. amazon is the way to go :)

including the taliban wasn't very pc i guess, even though there are tons of games where you can play as nazis or the soviets or whatever. it doesn't bother me.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Well guys I guess EA will have a hit on their hands, Controversy= $ales.

I personally don't see the issue here, but that's JMO.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
I personally don't see the issue here, but that's JMO.
Pretty much. I mean they could say the are a made up group called the Faliban and there wouldn't be nearly as much of a controversy. It's a video game, people seem to forget these things.

Matt34

Matt34

EA has the right to make a game where you play as Taliban.

Gamestop has the right to decide where and when they sell it.

The Military has the right to ask Gamestop not to sell it on their bases.
My thoughts exactly.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I agree with that quote Matt, hence why I don't see the issue, if our soldiers want this game they will still be able to buy it off base it's not like an order was issued forbidding the soldiers from owning or playing it while they are on base.

C

ChillSinger

Audiophyte
AAFES should be more concerned with pulling their stupid commercials they pass on their network.
they made me want to stab myself with a spoon!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, aafes has some bad commercials, but a lot of the infomercials in general are pretty bad. I don't know if or when they stopped running this one, but do you remember the FODfather and his clip on sunglasses? lol!

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
meh, the bxs at all the bases i've been too have always had terrible selections of games. amazon is the way to go :)

including the taliban wasn't very pc i guess, even though there are tons of games where you can play as nazis or the soviets or whatever. it doesn't bother me.
I guess they just don't like putting salt on open wounds.

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
Electronic Arts nukes Taliban from upcoming Medal of Honor game.
October 1, 2010 | 9:00 am
Electronic Arts, facing criticism from some in the U.S. military, Friday morning said it will eliminate the ability for players of its upcoming Medal of Honor video game to assume the role of the Taliban.

Instead, players fighting opposite the U.S. military will simply be called opposing forces, or OpFor, for short, the Redwood City, Calif., game developer announced on its blog.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2010/10/electronic-arts-medal-of-honor-will-have-no-taliban-fighters-in-multiplayer.html

U.S. maintains Medal of Honor ban on military bases October 5, 2010 | 8:04 pm
The U.S. military on Tuesday declined to lift a ban on the sale of Electronic Arts Inc.'s video game, Medal of Honor, on stores located on its bases, even though the game developer on Friday extracted any references to the Taliban in its upcoming title.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2010/10/us-maintains-medal-of-honor-ban-on-military-bases.html

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis