D

dobias

Audiophyte
Gentlemen,
As a dinosaur with a much used Pioneer SX-1250, I'm at a loss trying to adapt my SX-1250 to 5.1 surround sound. I'm presently using a Dynaco QD passive output for the center & rear speakers. I have a pleasant 'ambiance' but it isn't the directional sound I would like to have with movies.
My main desire would be to have only one volume control to raise & lower ALL of the speaker's volume. Specifications I try to interpret don't help me select a surround sound processor to suit my needs.
Any help is appreciated.
dobias

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not sure what you are asking because the master volume control of any receiver raises and lowers the volume of all speakers at the same time. Their relative levels are set during calibration when you adjust the channel trims for each channel.

D

dobias

Audiophyte
one volume control

Maybe I'm being overly concerned because of a POS DiVinci receiver I've recently tried to set up. There is individual volume controls for the center & each of the two rears that is not affected by the main volume control that sets the main speaker volume. In other words, any change in volume requires fiddling with four controls.
Since Onkyo & Luxman add-on processors add three amps to the receiver, I wasn't sure if they used a single control that included the receiver's main speakers output.
dobias

D

dobias

Audiophyte
It belongs to a son-in-law, purchased off eBay, but not cheap enough. It's of the quality that Dollar General would be ashamed of.
dobias

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis