mcintosh mc2255amp /mcintosh c28?

F

Flathead31coupe

Junior Audioholic
iam looking for a matching pre amp for my mc2255, looking at a c28 or a c34v pre amp thoughts thanks

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
As stated before, that's a personal decision as your not talking about a modern preamp. I've owned the a few of the preamps from the manufacturerd from 69 to 84. There is absolutely no sonic benefit to them vs a new unit. If you like the look, go for it. If your using any modern digital gear, hopefully its DAC is up to the high standards your looking for. I mentioned earlier if you want better sound get better speakers.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
If you like the high output of the CWs, look at these offerings
http://jtrspeakers.com/home-audio.html
They are very well designed, even with critical listening. There are a few manufacturers that check the boxes you like plus being revealing.

F

Flathead31coupe

Junior Audioholic
As stated before, that's a personal decision as your not talking about a modern preamp. I've owned the a few of the preamps from the manufacturerd from 69 to 84. There is absolutely no sonic benefit to them vs a new unit. If you like the look, go for it. If your using any modern digital gear, hopefully its DAC is up to the high standards your looking for. I mentioned earlier if you want better sound get better speakers.
i was just wondering if there were any of the macs to stay away from.. looking at a c28, c34v, and a c31v i didnt know the difference in them...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis